Transformetrics Forums

Transformetrics Forums (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Living Strength (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Solytrains' 5-6-7 Breakthrough Protocol (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17506)

John Peterson 01-09-2018 02:18 PM

Solytrains' 5-6-7 Breakthrough Protocol

Hello My Friends,

More than a year ago our good friend Solomon Josefovits revealed an Isometric Training Strategy that so increased and transformed results from Isometric Training that it almost defies belief until YOU experience it. Solomon's 5-6-7 Isometric Protocol is the 'Rosetta Stone' of Isometric Training. Without it you will never achieve the results you could otherwise have.

Why am I mentioning it here?

Answer: Because on another thread Shadowman made the statement that Isometrics don't deliver Aerobic/Cardio Conditioning. In times past I would have agreed and that statement would have been 100% true but it is no longer true.

The reason is Solytrain's 3-stage Isometric Contraction Protocol. In other words 5-seconds at approximately 50% of perceived strength, 6-seconds at 2/3 to 3/4 of perceived strength and finally 7-seconds all out, Total contraction time: 18 seconds...and it's brutal...BUT that is also why it is so effective. Better still... there is no other way to achieve the kind of strength that Isometrics deliver that is so completely joint and spine friendly.

getting back to cardio...Believe me it would be impossible to follow Solomon's Protocol in a Circuit Style Format as I teach for 4 consecutive contractions before readjustment without achieving superior cardio as well as strength conditioning. Each 18 second contraction is it's own interval and going from one to the next requires a vast improvement in cardio/respiratory function. That's why at first most men will be relegated to 3 to 5 minutes twice each day and over the course of time some may achieve a full 30 minute workout though most superbly conditioned men will keep their workouts to 15-minutes at any given time.

---John Peterson

P.s. Steve Justa also advocates training at 35% of perceived max for contractions lasting from one to three minutes or even longer. It would be impossible to perform a full body Isometric Contraction for that period of time at an intensity of greater than 35% because it will challenge lung capacity to the maximum through deep controlled breathing. In fact, Aerobic Isometric breathing is identical to Edwin Checkley's Costal Breathing.

jonlclay 01-09-2018 06:52 PM

John,

I've been using the Soly 5,6,7 protocol with the Kivelov full body Iso for a long time now and can say from experience it allows you to really understand how to regulate your contractions, but more importantly learn to achieve the maximum contraction for those 7 seconds. As someone who never really did Isos before it has helped me learn quickly and easily.

Jon

John Peterson 01-09-2018 10:13 PM

Excellent Feedback Jon. Thank You.

The reason the technique is so effective is because it is the ONLY way for a man to develop a perceived exertion standard that is accurate because it is always based on the man's own strength at any given time.

---John Peterson

solytrain 01-09-2018 10:50 PM

hi John, thanks for the accolade

solytrain 01-09-2018 10:57 PM

there are personal training clients of mine who have been with me for years and they can still not do a full allout contraction, maybe that's why it didn't become as popular as it should of been, because if you cannot put together your full mental and physical effort your results will be mediocre

John Peterson 01-10-2018 12:55 PM

Hey Soly,

Lets be clear about something. I'm only giving credit where credit is due. YOU deserve it.

The truth: I never, ever had the results from Isometrics that I have now because just like everyone else I had no frame of reference.

Lets be real. An untrained or even a trained man has no idea what an intense Isometric contraction feels like because he has nothing to compare it to.

But when he learns how to perform a 3-stage contraction first utilizing about 50% of his perceived strength and then 75% perceived strength and then finally goes all out, it's based on his own perceptions of his strength and he now has a frame of reference based on those perceptions of what is 50%, 75% and finally what is an all out contraction.

I'm glad that YOU are appreciative Soly, but it's only the truth straight up.

---John Peterson

kenpopaul 01-10-2018 01:21 PM

John - do you rest between each ‘set’ of this or straight get from 5 secs to 6 to 7?

- Kenpopaul

John Peterson 01-10-2018 01:52 PM

Hello KenpoPaul,

As I have mastered the technique and breathing I am moving through the stages of 5-6-7 with only two momentary breaks at the end of the first 5-seconds and the second 6-seconds. When I say momentary I do mean momentary.

Everyone is unique and you'll have to develop your own natural breathing and intensity pattern of your own.

It has now become second nature to me but it certainly wasn't always. I had to learn it.

---John Peterson

NoBite 01-11-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenpopaul (Post 107835)
John - do you rest between each ‘set’ of this or straight get from 5 secs to 6 to 7?

- Kenpopaul

Interesting question, kenpopaul. I take one medium breath in, exhale and go to the next level. I’ve wondered what others do.

solytrain 01-11-2018 08:17 PM

hi NoBite, if the rest is too long for example 10 secs, it negates the benefits of the protocol, and resting for one second only might not be enough, in my experience between a 2-3 second pause is about right