Share |
Matt's May challenge

05-06-2014, 10:22 PM

After all this time participating in bodyweight calisthenics and FMT type exercises I am beginning a 4 week plan of Lesson 1 from PYTP. Deep breathing, joint mobility, Chest FMT and the two pushup varieties. I will do some of the squats as well, but more of as an aside then part of the meat of the program. I believe I am getting sufficient leg work riding my bicycle daily and totaling 100 miles or more a week. I plan to do the following

Deep Breathing and joint mobility daily, plus
Monday - 300 workout, 24-15 Hindu p.u. With movements CH 1-10 in between. 7x15 Hindu P.U. with 3 chins between.
Tuesday - alternate 3 neutral chins and 10 atlas leg raises with movements CH 1-10. 10x20 a-1 p.u during the remainder of the day
Wednesday - alternate wide and narrow P.U.. With feet elevated With the movements CH 1-10
Thursday - alternate 50 squats and 5 chins with the movements CH 1-10. 10x20 a-1 p.u during the remainder of the day
Friday - 10-12 A-2 p.u.with the movements CH 1-10 and 3 chins
Saturday - ab circuit and 3 chins alternated with the movements CH 1-10.
Sunday -exer genie for 20 minutes

After the April pushup challenge I took it easier for a few days, but I am ready to get back at it.
Looking forward to see where my May challenge takes me. Monday and Tuesday this week are complete.

Matt

Share |

05-07-2014, 08:18 AM

I must say the CH1 - CH10- movements get my shoulders burning in a good way.

Share |

Banned

05-07-2014, 05:46 PM

Hey Matt,

How is the shoulder feeling? I guess it was nothing serious? The Chest FMT's are great for the shoulder.Great plan Matt,you should get great results!

michael

Share |

05-07-2014, 10:15 PM

Hi Michael, thanks for the note. My shoulders are fine, I was just commenting on how much I could tell they were being worked, feels like even more than my chest.

As far as results go, I am not sure what to expect. Visually I did not make big gains doing. Nearly 12,000 push-ups in a month, so I figured I need to try some thing different and consistent. I am looking forward to this challenge.

Matt

Share |

05-08-2014, 08:15 AM

Thursday, time got short this morning so I decided to do just the squats and chins. 6 sets of 50/3. The squats need to be added in at least one more day during the week, those are a great workout!

I deviated a bit from the plan and did t-handle pushups instead of Atlas 2. 10x15 with the CH1-10 movements between. I mixed up the order, that was a good decision. It helped me but more focus on the higher number movements, which I had previously been fatigued during. Changing the order each time of the movements is now part of the plan also.

Last edited by sbslider; 05-08-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Share |

05-09-2014, 10:27 PM

Whew! Not any running or squats for months then 300 in one workout = SORE legs. took it a bit lighter today, pushups were 12x10 A-1 with the CH movements between, only mobility squats today. Tomorrow is a 50 mile bike ride, that should be interesting. . . .

Share |

05-10-2014, 07:37 PM

Yes , the ride was very interesting. My legs are sore to the touch, and my mobility is somewhat limited. But fortunately I am still stronger than the scouts, so keeping up was never an issue. I did the ab routine in PYTP and the chest movements, but not the chins. I could not imagine getting up and down 10 times, so I did the chest movements on my back between the ab crunches. Worked just fine. Relaxing the remainder of the day now.

Share |

05-11-2014, 10:59 PM

Active rest day with 2 short bike rides and an hour walk on the beach with my wife. Also did the breathing exercises along with mobility movements. Did 10 hindu squats between the mobility movements, glad my legs are recovering now.

Share |