Legacy Member

08-02-2010, 05:26 PM

Duff,

That's great - thanks for posting.

gb

Share |

08-03-2010, 03:05 AM

Hey duff!

Great video! Very instructional and I like your sense of humor! Keep up the good work!

Rene

Share |

Legacy Member

08-03-2010, 10:35 AM

Duff,

great work! Very informative. Thanks

Jan

Share |

08-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Ok, you've just been approved as a instruction video maker. Good feel, clear, enjoyable humor. Make more. Good job.

Tom

Share |

08-03-2010, 12:57 PM

Great work Duff! I'm sending this link to one of my friends who doesn't think it's all it's cracked up to be.
You're living proff it does!

More videos please!

Share |

08-03-2010, 09:38 PM

very good stuff

glad you let us know that yes, you were wearing pants, early on in the video ;)

Share |

Legacy Member

08-05-2010, 04:47 AM

Duff,

Good job on the video. You have what is considered the classic ectomorph/hardgainer type of physique. People don't expect you to build muscle like you've done. As time goes by, I think the further changes in your musculature will dumbfound people who haven't seen you in awhile. Keep up the good work.

Greg

Share |

08-05-2010, 12:35 PM

Thanks Greg (and everyone else). I'm still a beginner/intermediate athlete, so I don't expect to wow any bodybuilders with my ectomorph physique, but just wanted to post something that illustrates the DVR principle.

Funny thing is that I saw I got over 450 views on YouTube already so I clicked for more information about where these views are coming from, and over 100 are coming from a weight-training forum with a lot of foul language and insulting. Clearly the trainees over there were not impressed, but I couldn't find any reasons why in their posts besides simple name-calling, except that one mentioned my claim of going from 5-12 pullups in one month as unimpressive to him, saying I'm not a pullup expert (which I already made explicit in the description to my video).

A commenter on YouTube posted that he thought my video was "incredibly stupid" because the way to get better at pullups is to do pullups. I agreed with this commenter (who from his profile looks like he does CrossFit) that doing pullups is the best way to get better at pullups, but mentioned that doing pullups was hurting my elbows and this method helped me to more than double my reps without injury by building the mind-muscle connection. Furthermore, you just can't argue with results--I know that this technique worked for me, so no one can tell me that I didn't go from 5 to 12 pullups in a month! LOL

Share |

08-05-2010, 01:37 PM

Hey Duff,

You are brave putting up on You tube. It so amazes me that guys would have so much time on their hands that they can rip someone apart as they hide behind their computer. Ya see these guys are the guys that have all the answers to life, they are most in their 20s and 30s and probably live in their parents basement. If a guy wants to lift weights than go for it but what they do not get is they cannot handle these methods cause it is just too simple. Oh yeah and doctors need these guys so when they are old they can get joints replaced, while your still lean and strong running around like a teenager, they are in a wheel chair.

Keep it up Duff, you are doing great.

Monty

P.S. Sure most those guys are overweight too and are jealous cause your Bruce Lees taller brother.

Share |

08-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Thanks, Monty. I found that forum thread pretty funny because underneath the name-calling was a clear message that I don't have the body that they want for themselves, as if I should want to have a different physique because there is only one true way to appear healthy! The truth is that I actually enjoy being lean and my aim is to maximize strength-endurance more than size. I will give them credit for helping me to not become too vain though! LOL

p.s. You really inspired me with the idea to do 10 pullups every minute for 10 minutes. I hope to build up to this starting with 2 or 3 a minute.

Last edited by duff; 08-05-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Share |

Tags
dvr, pull ups, pull-ups, pullups