Share |
Doc Moore Has a Good Point

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Author

03-20-2017, 03:28 PM

Hello friends,

Sometimes I respond to questions without stating the obvious and Doc Moore has called me on it.

Quote:
Hey John,

"In other words, if you want to protect your shoulders from injury start doing Living Strength Push-Ups (Atlas III's) in high volume. When you get to the point that you can perform sets of 30 or more without difficulty and do them multiple times each day, YOU WILL PROTECT from injury and not cause it. In the process you will feel your shoulders healing." JP

"Like you, I discovered that if I focus on the diamond push-ups it puts too much stress on the shoulder joints so I avoid them. I have no doubt that certain exercises (e.g. Atlas III) are a bad choice for some somatotypes. For some men that exercise at that angle might be disastrous." JP

You’ve said A and you’ve said B. They are at odds with each other. How do we resolve these inconsistencies?

Doc is of course 100% correct.

In fact let me say what no other strength and fitness writer or author would ever say.

When it comes to what I teach and believe...it may be totally wrong for YOU and YOUR BODY.

Granted, IT MAY ALSO BE THE MOST SPOT ON ADVICE YOU'LL EVER READ AND APPLY. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY FOR YOU TO KNOW!

Now with the above stated, the way that we resolve the inconsistencies is to state the obvious:

1) No exercise is right for every person.

2) There are those that may have the wrong somatotype, weight distribution, and be lacking in the necessary strength required to implement Atlas III Push-Ups.

3) Never check your brain in at the door. Always realize that you are an experiment of one and what works for YOU may not work someone else and vice versa.

4) Always realize that even those with best of intentions may flat out be wrong.

5) Let your own inner knower be your ultimate guide.

6) Experiment to discover if something is right or wrong for you.

7) When it comes to you and your body nobody else gets to vote on it.

---John Peterson

Share |