10-13-2018, 03:32 PM

In a sense I look at Iso Dynamic Contraction as "Power Meditation". You are using the yogic meditative principle of "Inner Concentration” to project the creative force of your mind to the control center of your consciousness where it can influence all parts of your total being.

At age 79, soon to be 80, I am probably the oldest person on the site. I first came across this form of exercise as a
pre-adolescent in the early 1950s when some older kids in the neighborhood ordered the Charles Atlas Course. Since that time I have probably tried every type of exercise that there is but kept coming back to the Iso Dynamic Contraction type exercises. They build you from the inside/out and develop physical, mental, psychological, and spiritual forces. I have never made exercise an end in itself, but rather have adapted the exercises to help me excel at my dominant life activity at the time whether it was sports competition. military training, business interests, dealing with stressful events or whatever.

At the present time I continue to experiment with myself to the extent that my workouts tend to be intuitive and instinctive and depend on my energy level, and motivation at the time with no two workouts being exactly alike. I also lead away from anything that would connect me to the programmed socialization process as I want to break through to my ultimate potential strength. I believe that this is the same power as the “mind of no mind” referred to in the martial arts or the “infinite light” as referred to in the western Hebrew Tradition where the conscious and subconscious minds work in harmony to produce what Swoboda referred to as “Conscious Energy” and others refer to as “Nerve Force” or “Chi”. Locating this “Force” is unique and individual to each one of us. When I am in that “mind state” I can feel uninterrupted energy surging though my body. We all need to dig deep into ourselves and our consciousness to release this potential.

In my opinion only by applying the principles taught by Transformetrics and the individual development that they encourage can we hope to have individualized experiences like these. As a good female friend of mine who passed away several years ago used to say. “If you aren't authentic ,if you don't do your own thing, your life counts for nothing ”

Last edited by Andy62; 10-13-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Share |

10-13-2018, 07:25 PM

Gordon, great info my friend!

Share |

Legacy Member

10-14-2018, 08:52 AM

Gordon,
I am 13 years your junior, so I always read yours posts in the hope of figuring out, "whats next" in this aging process for those of us who have regularly exercised. Thank you.

Tim

Share |

10-14-2018, 09:40 AM

Gordon,

Great insight. It seems the more you can change what areas of your body you work out the better overall your body will become, versus doing the same exercise over and over. I'm still working to improve my mind/body connection but ISO-dynamic exercise appears to be the best way to integrate the two.

Jon

Share |

10-14-2018, 02:02 PM

“Within everyone of us is an 'evolutionary success principle' placed there by the creator to help us survive and succeed in an ever changing universe.” Alois P. Swoboda

As human beings we have been designed to change and adapt. It is part of our nature and by learning to adapt our physical bodies we train ourselves to evolve to changes in all parts of our lives. It makes our lives more exciting and relevant

Learn to listen to your "Internal Voice" because it knows more about you and what is good for you than any other source.

"Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller

Gordon

Last edited by Andy62; 10-14-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Share |

Author

10-15-2018, 02:29 PM

Hello Gordon,

One thing that I know to be true is what Dr. Laurence E Morehouse told me over the phone some 40 years ago. He stated, "John, there can easily be a 30 year differential between one's chronological and biological age. I've known a few men in their 80's like Tom Cureton, that had the strength and fitness of a superbly conditioned man of 50 years of age and I've also known students in their late teens and early twenties that were no better a than a completely deconditioned man of 50 years that never trained in his life"

This brings us to YOU.

Gordon My friend, YOU, easily fit into the category of 30 years younger. Example: I will never forget when you and I were on the phone with Wallace Gough, the son of Galen Gough. With all due respect, Wallace, sounded like he was your grandfather but was in fact the same age you are. The strength of your voice is easily that of a man in his 40s and believe me, more often than not, the strength of a man's voice will match his health and fitness.

---John Peterson

Share |