Share |
Forget Cardio For Getting Ripped!!!

Author

10-21-2017, 01:34 PM

Hello Everyone,

There are new people coming to our forum all the time and although I have addressed the issue time and again, I will do so now.

I have been asked, "How much cardio do I need to do in order to be ripped?"

Answer: NONE!!! ZERO!!!

Why? Because all low intensity--high volume exercise of which cardio exercise is the preeminent example is "catabolic" (Destructive Metabolism).

Here is the point. Muscle is the fat burning engine of the body. If you deplete muscle mass through 'Catabolic Exercise' you will make yourself weaker and more prone to increasing body fat. For that reason you must switch to High Intensity, Short Duration Exercise that builds and then maintains muscle mass (anabolic) and that does not deplete YOU. The best exercise method in existence to achieve that goal is correctly applied Isometric Contraction. For the purpose of 'getting Ripped' and enhancing one's muscle density you will discover that nothing compares to Isometric Contraction for that specific purpose. In terms of exercise, Isometric Contraction is the basis of the "Living Strength Ultra Fast Fat Burning System". My title is an intentional double entendre (a purposeful play on words).

Bottom line: If you think you are doing cardio to be ripped you may as well be running east to find a sunset. It ain't gonna happen.

---John Peterson

Share |

10-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Amen Brother John! As one who used to love to run,and I did! I figured out that running did only one thing-made me better at running! Living Strength makes you better at everything you do in your daily life, and that is a fact. My 2 cents.
Mike

Share |

10-21-2017, 01:52 PM

I have to add that the most serious runners here in Richmond,Va are "skinny fat".

Share |

Banned

10-21-2017, 11:21 PM

Article from Daily Mail: UltraMarathon Runner.

Fat Girl Running: Georgia teacher weighs 250 pounds and runs ultramarathons, breaking the stereotype that long distance runners are thin - and fighting back against critics who say otherwise
Mirna Valerio, 42, is an ultramarathon runner who weighs 250 pounds
After several years of declining health and reaching a weight of more than 300 pounds, Mirna had a health scare that motivated her to start running in 2008
Within the first three years she lost 65 pounds, but plateaued when she reached about 240 to 250 pounds
She trained for her first marathon in 2011 and has continued to increase her race mileage up to a 120-mile, six-day stage race in the Rocky Mountains in August
Mirna published a memoir October 1 about her ultrarunning journey, which is based on her blog, Fat Girl Running, that she started in 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4wCslkXyp

Share |

Author

10-21-2017, 11:39 PM

Hey MikeNY,

Thank You!

Incredible story! There is a hormonal thing going on with that woman. If she is running 120 miles per week she is burning almost 1,700 calories daily in just her cardio exercise and yet she plateaued at 250 pounds. She is also averaging 17 mjiles daily in her running. That means if she is averaging 10 minutes per mile at her size that she is spending almost 3 hours of each day or 170 minutes of nothing but running.

Why? Hormones. Her body is clinging to fat to burn fat for fuel. This phenomenon has often been observed with extreme distance runners. It's tragic that anyone would work so hard and yet achieve so very little in visual results for the extraordinary discipline and motivation she has exhibited. If she gave up running, changed her diet, incorporated Intermittent fasting and transitioned to Power Belt Isometrics she would be awed by the difference in less than 1 month given her level of motivation. Not only that, but she would then end the trauma to her hips, knees, and ankles.

This lady is perfect example of what I am stating above. If cardio exercise worked to become lean and ripped she would be lithe, lean and sculpted.

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 10-22-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Share |

Banned

10-22-2017, 10:09 AM

John you are most welcome.

I hope this lady see's your solution to her problem.

Share |