Share |
The Solytrain 5-6-7 Protocol: Questions Answered

Author

03-04-2017, 10:36 PM

Hey men,

I received this question about the Solytrain 5-6-7 Isometric Contraction Protocol

Quote:
My last doubts:

- Do I pause/rest between the 5, 6 and 7 steps? Or I keep pressing continuously, without stop, just increasing the force? I mean... 18 continuous seconds...

- what's the breathing pattern in this protocol?

- do you use it on classic isometric contractions or just in isometrics power flexes?

Thanks a lot, John!
Felipe

1) Breathe naturally. Then after taking a breath contract for 5 seconds at 50% of perceived maximum while exhaling. Pause briefly.

2) Take a breath and then contract 6 seconds at 75% of perceived maximum while exhaling. Pause briefly.

3) Take a breath and contract for 7 seconds at maximum intensity while exhaling. Pause and then shake that muscle group.

This is the most beneficial Iso-Contraction Protocol period. Nothing else even comes close to the results of this protocol and it should used with every type of Isometric Contraction. Especially the Isometric Power Belt.

For many years I did Isometrics "off" and "on " . I always did only one contraction all out and within just a few weeks burned out and would then take time off to rebuild my CNS. That has all Changed. I do Isometrics with the Iso Power Belt daily with the Solytrain 5-6-7 Protocol. I simply do not burn out,

One more thing. Anyone that says they were doing this protocol years ago is a damned liar. I have had Isometric books going back more than 55 years and no one ever mentioned this specific protocol. Not Bob Hoffman, Not anyone...Ever. The Wiley Coyotes that say other wise are idiotic stupid bastards that never tell the truth about anything.

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 03-04-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Share |

03-04-2017, 11:06 PM

Hi John, and thanks, you say 5 years but I think you meant 50 is that correct??

Share |

Author

03-04-2017, 11:19 PM

Hello Soly,

You're right! Thanks for catching it My Friend.

---John Peterson

P.S. Do you have anything to add to what I wrote? I was trying to keep it simple because some people just over think this thing to the point of intimidating themselves to non-performance.

Share |

03-05-2017, 12:16 AM

Hi John, you made it very clear, the pause between 5-6-7 is brief like 2 secs, if you take longer rests it losses it's efficacy

Share |

Banned

03-05-2017, 02:30 PM

I've been doing Isometrics for over 55 years and have many books on the topic and never once heard of anyone using Solytain's method prior to his posting it on the Forum. The fantasy world of the wile e. coyotes means nothing; other then this might be a calculated lie to hurt Solytrain by wile e. coyotes.

Share |

03-05-2017, 09:11 PM

Hey John,

You wrote:

"For many years I did Isometrics "off" and "on " . I always did only one contraction all out and within just a few weeks burned out and would then take time off to rebuild my CNS. That has all Changed. I do Isometrics with the Iso Power Belt daily with the Solytrain 5-6-7 Protocol. I simply do not burn out."

Why do you have "no burn out" using the 5-6-7 method?

On the last contraction you are going to 100% effort, and if you are doing 5-6-7 with multiple exercises (daily), than you are going to 100% effort multiple times each day. Not to overthink it (sorry), but it seems whether you are doing one contraction at 100%, or 5-6-7, you are still doing the last 7 seconds contraction at 100%?. It seems like you would tax your CNS with either method?

Also with 5-6-7 during the 2 second pause (or during the time you inhale between contractions) is the effort go to 0%, or are you maintaining the level of tension?

Have other questions in my mind, but wanted to keep this short and hopefully to the point.

Would appreciate anyone's feedback. Thanks.

Share |

03-06-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytrain View Post
Hi John, you made it very clear, the pause between 5-6-7 is brief like 2 secs, if you take longer rests it losses it's efficacy
WOW! I have been pausing too long! THANK YOU BOTH for this explanation. I really can't imagine this getting better than it has been, but now I am very anxious to add this missing (for me) ingredient!

Edited to add: I Just finished my first routine with the max 2 second pause between 5-6-7. I am amazed at the difference this makes! A much bigger pump and I started sweating much earlier in the workout. Energizing is another word for it, even more than before.

Last edited by NoBite; 03-06-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Share |

03-06-2017, 08:21 AM

Hi John and Solytrain,

Thanks for the very detailed explanation. I tried the Protocol and it really works a lot!

IŽll intensify my isos from now on!

Share |

03-06-2017, 08:55 AM

It increases intensity and mental focus and that is what it takes to get results

Share |

Legacy Member

03-06-2017, 10:18 AM

The Soly protocol has completely changed the way I view isometrics. NEVER liked em. Now, I have been so impressed by my results doing the full body isometric, I have just ordered John's belt. The protocol rocks!!!!!

Share |