Share |
Just can't recommend it

01-16-2009, 10:22 AM

Hey guys.
I haven't posted in awhile, I've been playing around with Crossfit. And since Crossfit is not strictly compatible with Transformetrics, I've been mostly reading posts and keeping to myself.
But I noticed something over my Christmas vacation.
  1. Daily performance of The Trinity exercises and running is a great way to keep the holiday pounds off. I actually lost two pounds!
  2. When people were asking me what sort of exercises I do, I just couldn't recommend Crossfit.
What do I recommend to folks? What do I get really excited and passionate about telling folks? What am I buying as Christmas presents?
Transformetrics. Charles Atlas. John Peterson.
I still love it. And I still believe it's great because ANYONE can practice it. It is the ultimate in scalability, anyone from any level can jump right in and excel.

Thank you, John.
Keep on keeping on.

-Cliff

Share |

Author

01-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Thank You Cliffa74,

Crossfit has some wonderful, highly advanced programs for those that want to push themselves to the very edge of maximum performance. Example: A man sent me a video clip from Crossfit that showed men and women performing fully body "kipping style Pull-Ups" This a Pull-Up where one intentionally activates the legs and using full body momentum and speed for chinning. They would 'kip' to the top and 'drop' to the bottom. He asked if I saw value in the movement and I responded, " Absolutely for full body strength activation and body coordination." But I also added, "In spite of that I would never advocate or recommend it to my friends because it could cause some massive joint trauma to do that on a regular basis."

This my friend, is the biggest difference between what I teach and what others advocate. I look at everything long term and from the position of maximum positive benefit with the least amount of potential injury. Even so, everything we teach must still be adjusted to each individual to maximize the exercises for their own best benefit.

Thanks again Cliffa74. it's great to have you back.

---John Peterson

Share |

01-16-2009, 12:16 PM

John

Man you are so right. I was practicing some "Crossfit" about three weeks ago. One of the components of my cycle was throwing down a 20lb medicine ball. The workout was great but,sure enough, I "tweaked" my back. Now I have been suffering for the last three weeks. I'm back (pun intended!) on Tranformetrics, with no pain from the workouts, but still taking anti inflammatories to get rid of my Crossfit "Hangover."

Share |

Author

01-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Hello GregL,

"Crossfit" offers a wide range of very strenuous and effective training modalities for athletes that are bent on achieving an extraordinary level of physical readiness. Often times the methods that are advocated at Crossfit are far beyond the point of diminishing returns in terms foundational health and functional lifelong strength and fitness. In fact, if a person ruins their joints, it will make health, strength, and fitness impossible. As far as I am concerned, protecting the integrity of ones joints is the major key to lifelong strength and fitness.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

01-17-2009, 05:40 AM

I wasn't sure what crossfit was at first, I thought it was a product (ie. a machine or something) so had a quick look at their site, not read anything though. I just wanted to comment on the girl doing the pullups on the main page, lovely muscular arms and shoulders there!!

I did try inserting the image here but it didn't work.

Kenpopaul

Last edited by kenpopaul; 01-17-2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: image error

Share |

01-17-2009, 07:30 AM

John

The ironic thing is that Transformerics allowed me to recover from multiple "Busted up Weightlifter"
injuries. I stray from the fold for a little while and Wham! another injury. Live and learn. Crossfit is too ballistic.

Share |

01-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Cherry pick Crossfit; some may benefit from occasional use of strenuous ballistics

Share |

Tags
crossfit, transformetrics, trinity, weight loss