Share |
Solytrains' 5-6-7 Breakthrough Protocol

01-11-2018, 09:59 PM

Thanks, Soly. We're on the same page.

Share |

Author

01-11-2018, 11:04 PM

Hello Everyone,

I don't like to get too specific in my answers because I feel as though some people will try to duplicate what I do instead of MASTERING their own method.

That said, I WILL GIVE YOU MY OWN SPECIFICS. DO WITH THEM WHATEVER YOU WILL.

My advice to each of you is to experiment and discover what works best for YOU.

Personally, I totally relax my muscles for just a moment so that I feel the blood surge into them. Now pay attention to what I am about to tell you because this is what works for me and it may be helpful to you.

As I relax for a moment between 5 seconds at 50% and 6-seconds at 70% , I have released ALL tension for just a moment ( just long enough to consciously feel a total relaxation) I then take a breath while increasing the intensity of contraction from zero to 70% and it does require about 2 seconds to 3 seconds to go from zero to 70% intensity of contraction. I then hold for 6-seconds while exhaling forcefully. I do the same procedure at the end of the 6-second contraction. That is, I relax completely for a moment and then begin inhaling during the 2 to 3 seconds it requires to achieve a maximum contraction that I then hold for 7-seconds. The total time required for any given 3-stage contraction of 5-6-7 should be no more then 25 to 26 seconds total including the ramping up stage between each stage. At the end of 7 seconds at highest intensity I recommend a complete relaxation while taking as many deep inhalations and exhalations as needed while consciously relaxing your muscles until YOU feel ready to proceed to the next angle of contraction.

As you MASTER POWER BELT ISOMETRICS, YOU will become a MASTER of BREATH CONTROL and MUSCLE CONTROL. Your pulse and blood pressure will both lower and YOU will feel a surge of feel good hormones. IN FACT, the EUPHORIC feeling may become so intense that you have to force yourself to stop your workouts at 30 minutes. I say this because once you achieve 20 to 30 minute workouts YOU will be in such fantastic shape that you may want to continue but DON'T because you'll start to deplete nerve force if YOU do. I KNOW because I have when I was in my learning curve. AND I AM STILL LEARNING. You will also notice that your ENDURANCE STRENGTH for ALL body weight exercises will dramatically increase if YOU work your muscles from the multiple angles with the 5-6-7 protocol that I recommend.

Think about it.

THE PROCEDURE in a nutshell: Take a breath while ramping up to 50% of your perceived maximum and then hold for 5-seconds while exhaling forcefully. Relax. Ramp up to 70% to 75% of perceived max while inhaling over the course of 2 to 3 seconds and once you're at 70% to 75% immediately start exhaling forcefully (making a f-f-f- or s-s-s- sound like air being let out of a tire). It takes time to get the hang of simultaneous breath and muscle control but you will get it and your muscles will achieve a level of density that will in all likelihood be unlike anything YOU have ever experienced as your definition becomes more pronounced than ever. This is because of simultaneous fat loss and a rather dramatic elevation of testosterone and HGH. This all sounds very complicated and that is why I don't like to write out such specific detail. I don't want YOU to feel over whelmed. BUT do realize that only YOU can teach this to yourself. When I was using the 6-7-8 protocol (21 seconds of total contraction instead of 18) my contractions were 30 seconds or less in total and I actually got too lean as a result of the number and intensity of the contractions. So, once again, as in everything else, become YOUR OWN BEST TRAINER.

---John Peterson

PS: When I had talked with Coach James Baley in 1989 he told me that he recommended to his athletes to ramp up for a total of 4 seconds while taking a deep breath until they were at 100% perceived maximum and then hold for 6 seconds while forcefully exhaling as I mentioned above. you may want to follow coach Baley's procedure because it requires less than half of the time the 5-6-7 procedure requires. YOU be your own judge. And by the way, there were instructors during the 1960's that taught students to hold their breath while contracting at maximum...and NO...I'm not kidding.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2018, 03:05 AM

Excellent - thanks guys. I'm starting Isometrics again in a couple of days. Going to do every other day at first for a few weeks/month. Then will move to daily if I am ready for that by then.

Got my power belt down from the loft ready to start!

- Kenpopaul

Share |

01-12-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post

THE PROCEDURE in a nutshell: Take a breath while ramping up to 50% of your perceived maximum and then hold for 5-seconds while exhaling forcefully.
---John Peterson
This little nugget had escaped me, John! I was exhaling by counting out loud my seconds, primarily to make sure I was not holding my breath. But, I am eager to incorporate the forceful exhaling!

Share |

Legacy Member

01-16-2018, 08:54 AM

I'm on the same every other day schedule as well as you Kenpopaul... I started Ultimate Pushups last week, and now this week I'm back at Iso's starting every other day when I'm not running...

Staying the course so far!

Share |