Share |
Living Strength Foundational Routines

Author

04-19-2017, 11:40 AM

Hey Friends,

I have been asked if GUTS is the Foundation of Living Strength.

Answer: GUTS is a great 'minimalist' foundation routine that delivers extraordinary results for the time invested.

My personal Foundation Training Routine is the expanded version of 12 daily exercises that I learned from my Grandfather. My Grandfather followed the Charles Atlas 8-Exercise Perpetual Exercise routine every day of his life but added 4 additional exercises from Atlas's Course. Grandfather performed 300 Atlas Push-Ups daily and 100+ of each of the other exercises. His wide shoulders and powerfully developed chest tapered to a lean, ripped waistline and he always looked like that. Since that is the case why mess with a perfect routine.

---John Peterson

Share |

04-21-2017, 11:40 AM

This is true and I have found it be so over a period of a few years. I would just like to add my own experiences and thoughts for anyone having a go at this for the first time.

1. When you first start do not get hung up on numbers. Just do each exercise for the allotted time. If you do 15 push ups, 30 sit ups and 50 squats then great- you have started!

2.Do not be afraid to have a rest day- it does not mean you are weak- it means you are intelligent!

3.Keep a record of your progress- it is motivating!

4. Do not worry about the inevitable ups and downs of daily life affecting your schedule. On some days you may have to reduce the circuit to 12 mins ( as I sometimes do) but you are still doing more than 95% of the population!

5. DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS- the only person you should compare yourself to is YOU!

At 52 years young and after a competitive career in Track these are just some observations. Do not over analyse exercise and fitness- just get up and do something!!

Share |

Author

04-21-2017, 12:03 PM

Hello Eddy1,

Thank You. Everything YOU have stated is spot on.

I have no doubt that I will be criticized when I release 'Living Strength: Power Secrets From the Fountain of Youth' for having such a minimalist starting routine that requires only 3 X 10 minute workouts each week ( though it could be done daily) provided the Five Foundational Habits of Healthy Living are already incorporated into one's life each and every day.

The truth is exactly what you have stated above...a brief well structured program performed daily is infinitely better than a a whole lot of nothing. Thank You.

---John Peterson

Share |