Share |
Power of 10--Super Slow workout

Author

04-15-2019, 02:01 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have received an e-mail from a man that had tried the 'Power of 10' Super Slow Weightlifting Program. He said that his results were a mere fraction of what he had expected to accomplish based on the promotional copy that he read. He asked me if I was familiar with the program and the truth is that I am not familiar with that specific program but I am familiar with the Superslow concept.

In fact, several ago I was contacted by another man whose experience with a very similar program called 'Slow Burn" that utilized the same 'Super Slow' Weight lifting concept of 10 seconds of active lifting followed by 10 seconds of controlled lowering for each repetition was also disappointed because in his case he lost a great deal of strength as relates to each of his standard lifts.

Here's the deal, I realize that there are a lot of people that would like to believe that they can achieve all their fitness goals by exercising just once a week for 20 to 30 minutes. BUT that is not realistic. There is no way that you can increase strength, flexibility, or endurance training once a week regardless of what method one follows because the body needs daily exercise to remove the dead worn-out cellular tissue. I am personally convinced of this reality and practice it myself. I use ultra-intense Isometric contraction for maintaining peak strength but I also perform Iso-Dynamic exercises such as Tiger Moves for the purpose of removing worn-out cells as described below by Sanford Bennett in his book, "Old Age: It's Cause and Prevention'

Quote:
"To know how to keep physically young, you should know why you grow old. The human anatomy is composed of millions of minute microscopical bodies which science terms cells. These cells come into being through the air you breathe, the liquid you drink, and the food you eat, and then by the marvelous process of digestion and assimilation are converted into cellular tissue. Having come into being, these minute cells live their brief life and then die just as you and I must die, and having become dead matter must be eliminated from the system. If not, they clog up the body and impede its functions. under these circumstances it rapidly deteriorates, the muscles not being properly nourished, shrink and the signs of age appear. If this clogging waste matter can be eliminated, then the conditions of youth will return. This can never be accomplished by medicinal means, Nature alone provides the method. It lies as I have stated, in the alternate contraction and relaxation of the muscles. In that way, you force out from the body any waste matter which may have deposited into the venous and glandular system, and it is then carried off by the ordinary bodily excretions. Any muscle or set of muscles so exercised will increase in size, strength, and elasticity, and will finally be practically rejuvenated. This being true of one muscle, it is true of all and as all parts of the body are in sympathy with each other, any adjacent gland or organ will be benefited. Therefore, if all parts of the body structure are so exercised general rejuvenation results. My method is simply the using of a systematic series of contractions and alternate relaxations of every large muscle or sets of muscles of the body."

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 04-15-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Share |

04-15-2019, 03:23 PM

In my opinion one of the most underestimated courses in the history of physical culture regarding the benefit of daily brief and intense exercise is the Henry Wittenberg course. Even if the isometric part of the course could be more benefical with some tweaks and changes the concept pointed in the right direction 55 years ago. Mr. Wittenberg lived up to 91 years of age and looked back to a wrestling career second to none. Even if he had "good genes" he surely did something right regarding exercise and nutrition.

Share |

Author

04-15-2019, 04:15 PM

Hello Upshur74,

I could not agree more with what you have stated. Wittenberg had an extraordinary wrestling career and won a Gold Medal in 1948 Olympics even though he had a very serious injury (a torn pectoral muscle) at the time. He also won a Silver Medal 4 years later. All in all, he had something like 400 matches and lost a total of 4 of them. the man was the stuff of legend.

As far as his Isometric Course was concerned, It was the best course of its type. I knew a wrestler by the name of Dan Janson that was extraordinary in High School and he trained with Wittenberg's Isometric course and repeated the Isotonic section for 3 to 5 circuits each day. Believe me, he was in extraordinary shape.

---John Peterson

Share |