Share |
Dying to be Strong? Very Dumb

Author

06-02-2018, 10:09 AM

Hello Everyone,

With the proliferation of extreme "balls to the wall" workouts there are more and more people experiencing injury that could be life threatening and in fact have been fatal in some cases.

Cause: Stupidity and misinformation. It would be impossible to apply the knowledge found in Living Strength Training principles and ever end up a victim of rhabdomyolysis.

Watch this and realize that the Living Strength protocols are the safest way to achieve TRUE Lifelong strength and fitness.

http://abc13.com/health/intense-work...esult/3550207/

---John Peterson

P.S. Realize that if this happening to teenagers the possibilities dramatically increase with older less fit individuals that are not in shape to begin with.

Share |

Legacy Member

06-03-2018, 10:16 AM

I wonder if these two young people highlighted in the report had spent 17 years curled up with a laptop in their basements and then out of the blue decided to get into shape???
Now I have often written about not wanting to overdo my workouts generally because I still wanted to have enough in the tank to workout the next day. But give me a break.
I was not a great athlete, but from Junior High on any number of coaches (football, hockey, swimming, track) pushed the other kids and I hard enough to make us puke. With that as a foundation I can't imagine working out so hard that I made myself sick.
Now into my 40s I had monster workouts of 2-3 hours. I have admitted that those workouts were not all that beneficial and were probably a waste of time. But the worst I felt for the wear and tear was kinda lazy for the next day.
My thought is we have seen what happens when couch potatoes spring into action. For the rest of us who have been working out for years, over doing our workouts is not particularly beneficial. For those who have not been working out regularly, you are not going to get into shape overnight!! Take it easy to begin with and listen to what your body is telling you.

Tim

Share |

06-03-2018, 11:33 PM

I never saw a strong corpse !

Share |