05-31-2018, 01:22 PM

Hi,

I have always loved sprinting.The power of moving fast is something special.

However due to a lower back/hamstring niggle I have to careful now. So what do I do now?

Well I run uphill with a longer stride at about 60/70% effort. This does not cause me any problems. I run on grass to lessen the impact.

8-10 runs is fine. Sometimes I add 5 push ups at the end of each run. 5 seems a small number. However with 10 hill runs it adds up to 50 push ups. Small steps can create big improvements.

How fast you run is relative. If you feel you are moving fast then you are!!

Share |

Author

05-31-2018, 05:25 PM

Hello Eddy1,

I am in agreement with you. Sprinting is an exhilarating form of exercise but sprinting up hills is far safer.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

06-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy1 View Post
Hi,

I have always loved sprinting.The power of moving fast is something special.

However due to a lower back/hamstring niggle I have to careful now. So what do I do now?

Well I run uphill with a longer stride at about 60/70% effort. This does not cause me any problems. I run on grass to lessen the impact.

8-10 runs is fine. Sometimes I add 5 push ups at the end of each run. 5 seems a small number. However with 10 hill runs it adds up to 50 push ups. Small steps can create big improvements.

How fast you run is relative. If you feel you are moving fast then you are!!
Sprints are fun, quick and don't need to do a lot of since they kick your ass in a short amount of time. I would think 5 pushups after each Sprint is more than enough. Haven't done them in a while but with animal moves, they'll fire up the lungs pretty quick too. Way to go man. Keep at it and make it interesting.

Share |