Share |
Struggling to train at the moment

Legacy Member

04-10-2019, 08:36 AM

Hey all

I'm really struggling to train at the moment due to time etc.. (2 kids, 2 dogs to walk, learning computer programming, work plus overtime, karate club). I have evenings off so can get mini workouts in, but I was thinking of doing 3-4 days a week of just doing pushups every hour or so throughout the day, and then have 2 sessions a week where I do high volulme pushups, some pullups, dips, couple of arm exercises and bodyweight squats.

Any thoughts guys?

Look forward to all your input

- Kenpopaul

Share |

04-10-2019, 12:31 PM

When I was in school, I had to shorten my workout sessions. I did only the GUTS workout (using military pushups for the pushups portion, step-ups instead of the tiger bend squats), occasionally added pullups and chinups, and was strict with my eating. This workout covered everything I needed at the time and kept me in excellent shape-I didn't gain any unhealthy fat on my body. Of course, I now do longer workouts, but this is my go to routine when I'm pressed for time.

God Bless,
Rudy

Share |

04-10-2019, 04:04 PM

It sounds like you've already got a lot going on, and you need to consider total stress (physical and mental) and what you can manage while not overreaching - i.e. staying within your recovery ability. For now I would consider one or two brief but intense workouts a week. Isometrics might be your best bet for that. You've got your karate classes (do you do calisthenics during those?) and dog walking keeping you active as well.

I have some health issues and not great recovery ability. Long story, but kept getting ill when trying to train too long and intensely for my recovery ability. I've recently dropped to just one HIT style workout a week with the isometric belt, and on other days I do Tai Chi and Qigong stuff - and at the moment am doing better with that approach.

Share |

04-10-2019, 04:23 PM

You don't need that much exercise particularly members of our aging population don't need it and won't do it.. I am 80 years old and for the last 10+ years I have only been doing Bob Hoffman's "One Minute,A Day Routine: [Six,10 second, Isometric contractions targeting major muscle groups]" which lately I have been doing with the Iso Power Belt, and I feel great and just had a positive physical exam. Gordon

Last edited by Andy62; 04-10-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Share |

Legacy Member

04-10-2019, 06:23 PM

Hey Kenpopaul, I'd like to echo what Andy wrote about not needing that much exercise. Just doing the Kivelov Full Body Isometric 10 times a day will keep you in pretty good shape and you cn build from there. Not too hard, and it makes you feel good too!

Share |

Author

04-11-2019, 02:38 PM

Hey kenpopaul,

Read my description of what an Iso-Dynamic exercise is: http://transformetrics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18103

Then apply it to all Seven Tiger Moves performing just 3 Ultra-intense repetitions for 2 sets in circuit format.

Should take about 10 to 12 Ultra-intense minutes total.

---John Peterson

Share |

04-12-2019, 07:15 AM

I do 6-8 sets of 15 push-ups throughout the day. It takes no block of time, is not draining and you don't have the psychological mindset of "having to do a workout"

Share |