Share |
John, What Do You Mean By Iso-Dynamic?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Author

04-11-2019, 02:12 PM

Hello Friends,

I have received an e-mail asking me if I could be very specific in explaining what an exercise Iso-Dynamic is. The man asking said: "John, Iso-Dynamic sounds like a contradiction in terms but I'm sure you have a reason for coining a new exercise term.

Answer: You're right I do. Let's take an exercise like Tiger Move #3 "The Wrist Twist" to explain the concept.

Step One: You start out in Bow and Arrow stance with left foot forward. The fists tightly clenched and the backs of the hands are almost touching in the direct center line of the body below the waistline.

Step Two: Isometrically Flex the muscles of your Forearms, Upper Arms, Shoulders, Pectorals and Abdominals make the contraction intense.. While maintaining intense Isometric Tension slowly rotate your arms backward in an arc being sure to maintain the Isometric Tension in the muscles as you turn the fists gradually until they turn outward. Upon full extension flex the muscles of your triceps and Latissimus Dorsi (back) powerfully for a count of 'One-Tiger-One'

Step Three: While maintaining Isometric Tension slowly rotate your arms forward back to starting position.

Note: You have just performed an exercise that combines both Isometric and Dynamic components.Meaning that the muscles are flexed while moving. (This is exactly the same concept taught by Alois P Swoboda and John McSweeney). Once you have developed your sense of muscle control you can make this exercise so intense that you can exhaust the muscles in just three ultra-intense repetitions.

---John Peterson

P.S, You can add an isometric Component to almost every Dynamic Exercise. By doing so you will accelerate your results. For example: with the Sit-Up, Have someone hold your feet down and bend your neck backward with hands cradling the back of your head so that you are looking up at the ceiling. While maintaining the tension slowly lower yourself backward until just the back of your hands barely touch the floor and then immediately move back to starting position maintaining a slow-smooth movement in both directions. My Grandfather and uncles taught me this one and it is extremely intense maintaining both Isometric tension and dynamic movement. With a little imagination, you can make every movement-based exercise an Iso-Dynamic exercise and it will exhaust the muscles in a fraction of the time that Dynamic Exercise alone would require.

Share |