Share |
Is the soybean damaging your manhood?

Legacy Member

06-07-2009, 05:02 PM

VERY interesting article at Men's Health:

http://www.menshealth.com/bestfoods/...od_for_Men.php

It really seems like the media is equating soy with good health and that appear to be very dangerous for men. I've always thought there was some kind of animal rights agenda behind that, I don't mean to get all political and you vegans out there will probably get all angry with but, but that's just how I feel. Why else would you take that heavily processed, white junk called "soy milk" and think it's some kind of health drink while real whole milk isn't? And don't give me the BGH and steroid argument because you can always pay extra for organic milk if that's a concern.

Why bother with soy at all? Just have a hunk of beef!

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

06-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
It's not soy thats responsible for men with boobs, its animal fat, everywhere I look, I see overweight beefeaters in bad health.
Yeah, it's oxygen too! everywhere I go I see people breathing oxygen who are in bad health. That's why I'm going to start carrying a CO2 canister around with me!

I think processed carbs are far more responsible for America's obesity than beef is or ever will be.

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

06-07-2009, 06:17 PM

I am a carnivore!Bring on the chunk of beef!

Share |

06-07-2009, 07:36 PM

Bri ng on the slab o' beef!!

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm And ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed." Joel 2:25, 27

Share |

Banned

06-07-2009, 07:51 PM

there's another element why people are obese. they are not eating proper for the lifestyle they are living.

then there is the mental psychological factor. eat base on taste. enjoy your food. most obese people just stuff themselves without being aware of taste or how much they eat.

I don't know about your folks but if I eat one kind of food, I can't eat too much. it kills my taste buds. I like variety. eating too much of one plate just make me sick of that particular food. for example, i prefer many different rolls of sushi rather than many rolls of one kind of sushi. If i eat meat, I like different dishes of it or different presentation of how they make it. I can't eat like 3 dishes of the same dish. Obese people will eat and eat even if it's like 3 or 4 plates of the same thing.

soy is good for you. of course the article says he consumed too much. even if something natural is healthy, if a person consume too much it would affect one's health. it's about moderation and what your body needs. considering the article's explanation on soy, soy would be a good natural supplementation to ladies that are taking estrogen shots for their female issues of producing estrogen when they get older.

soy may be a good drink dose for men who have anger issues to be violent due to testosterone. to help balance out their male ego.

Share |

Legacy Member

06-07-2009, 10:58 PM

Hi Sillypup,

There's a lot of sense in what you say about variety and about taking time to actually taste food. I eat slowly and I always sit down to eat.

I also eat moderate amounts of soy products, and I eat small amounts of chicken, fish, buffalo, and some beef, a mountain of veggies and fruit, and lots of beans.

And that Joe chap had better watch out or he might get a dope slap with an organic carrot!

Regards,

Alan OldStudent

Share |

Legacy Member

06-08-2009, 05:34 AM

I probably shouldn't have poisoned the well with my own color commentary.

You guys should really read that article. It's a real eye opener.

-Joe

Share |

Banned

06-08-2009, 05:56 AM

Joe whats with the attitude, thinman was just stating his point of view, no need for the sarcasm.

Share |

Legacy Member

06-08-2009, 07:50 AM

Joe,
The soy propaganda movement is not about an animal rights agenda, but it IS all about profits for the big food processors like ADM and Monsanto chemical. 90% of the soybean that is consumed is genetically modified, amd it is in almost everything processed in one form or another. I use it in moderation, and have heard differing reports, but I DO know most of it is of the GMO variety and that AIN'T good for anybody!
Jim

Share |

Legacy Member

06-08-2009, 07:54 AM

By the way, hemp gives your body everything soy does and more; it is a complete, balanced food. And is NOT processed(altered). It is turning my hair dark again. I thought I would be Phil Donahue by this time, lol.
Jim

Share |