Share |
Transformetrics doesn't Work

Legacy Member

09-23-2009, 05:47 PM

But Weights DO!

Yeah right. I took an impromptu pic this afternoom while I was cutting grass; bodyweight 189. In comparison was the picture of me around 1997, heavy into the 20 rep squat program and weighing 217. Besides the gut I am still working to get rid of, I had a bad back, bad knees, got winded easily, and lost most of the coordinaton I had had as a martial artist. Give me a program recommended by John Peterson or Jim Forystek anyday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy (2) of Cropped 1998.jpg (40.6 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg Crop4.JPG (52.0 KB, 244 views)

Share |

09-23-2009, 06:13 PM

Huge difference. Your back looks like it got a major overhaul and that's looking at it from the front. I'm curious what the pictures from the back would have looked like as well. Impressive. Vince

Share |

Banned

09-23-2009, 06:57 PM

Great job. Natural fitness is functional fitness.

Share |

Legacy Member

09-23-2009, 06:59 PM

Hi Vince,

Back then I had a good bit of lordosis (curvature of the lower back) from my squatting endeavors. I looked pretty dumpy from the back as well. This is another picture I took just screwing around today. I believe the spinal erectors, the rhomboids and the traps are just as thick or thicker. I wouldn't have any trouble deadlifting or doing heavy rowing. That is an operation scar from childhood on my right side by the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crop5.JPG (55.2 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Greg Newton; 09-23-2009 at 07:22 PM.

Share |

Banned

09-23-2009, 07:09 PM

Greg it depends on your goals.

Think for a second; Transformetrics does not work if your goal is "to get a 20 squat gut, bad back, bad knees, to get winded easily, and the loss of most of the coordinaton you have as a martial artist".

Boring old Transformetrics makes you fit, strong and healthy, but some guys want pain and medical problems that are interesting to talk about, plus that 20 squat gut that looks like you drink a lot of beer, hell you can drink a lot of beer and or get the gut with other programs, no one will be able to tell it is a beer belly or a 20 squat gut!

Greg you are cursed with fitness and health, think of the happy weight lifter's enjoying all the above noted perks.

Share |

Legacy Member

09-23-2009, 07:26 PM

Oh the gut. Along with the other side effects of the 20 rep squat program, I also got a hietal hernia. I've been doing Transformetrics for four years now. The hietal hernia is much better, the stomach is down, and the acid reflux is gone, but it is a constant battle to remember to hold my stomach in and breathing is difficult at certain angles for some exercises.

Share |

Author

09-23-2009, 09:02 PM

hey Greg,

You are the living proof my friend. Absolutely fantastic physique. And you look years younger now due to the fact that your muscles now have a youthful 'lift' to them. You look incredibly youthful and a good decade and a half younger than your 48 years.

Thank you for a great post.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

09-24-2009, 05:39 AM

Hey John,

The bottom line is: I learned these things from you, and the results and changes I've made over the past four years are because of following your principles. I look forward to more change in the years ahead and I am very grateful for having discovered Bronze Bow, this forum, and having become your friend and student.

Greg Newton

Share |

09-24-2009, 05:52 AM

Thanks for the extra picture. You've made huge changes in all areas of your body and your health as well. I'm really impressed with your back development and waist and it makes your appearance more dominating(if that's the correct word), than before. Vince

Share |

09-24-2009, 09:27 AM

Marie Antoinette would still have her head if she used Transformetrics

Share |