Share |
Generating Nerve-Force

12-21-2009, 09:46 PM

Thank you Andy for your thoughts and wisdom.

Share |

Author

12-21-2009, 09:48 PM

Hello MWM,

It's great to have you with us. Thank You for the kind words. I appreciate it very much.

Let me also say that you are very perceptive. I don't personally believe that you could find a more knowledgeable source for information on the development and cultivation of NERVE FORCE than Gordon Anderson. I'm not saying this because of the fact that Gordon and I are very close friends but only because it is true. Gordon has made a lifelong study of NERVE FORCE. So much so that he was literally researching it before he had even determined that NERVE FORCE really was the best and most accurate terminology to describe it. Gordon has studied this phenomenon In texts from various cultures dating back thousands of years. He has also studied and read the more recent writers such Frank Rudolph Young that tried to make people believe that he had some secret esoteric knowledge. Believe me, when you engage Gordon Anderson in this discussion, you're not just getting knowledge. You're getting the hard won wisdom of a man that has been in trenches and truly "Been there--Done that!"

---John Peterson

Share |

12-21-2009, 10:49 PM

Gentlemen,

Thank you greatly.

I appreciate it,

MWM

Share |

12-22-2009, 07:10 AM

If I have understood this correctly Nerve Force comes from within an individual. It is not so much emulating or copying others to be like them as to discover the potential that exists within each of us and allowing it to be expressed. As such the practice of Nerve Force differs markedly from the modern way of imposing a system upon the body in order to mould it into some ‘fashionable’ view of the body.
Having been a devote of weight training and in particular body building I have found the tenants taught via Transformeterics to be truly liberating. I was dissatisfied for a long time with weights but as with all addictions it wasn’t easy to give up. One of the main destructive forces involved in traditional weight based training is this externalizing of the exercise. This way of exercising is something that is done to the body rather than in sympathy with it. Yet in Transformetrics I find I am much happier with my own body and what it can achieve. In short, I understand Nerve Force to be that way of viewing and practicing exercise that it becomes truly an expression of self.
Hope that is helpful
Barry

Share |

12-22-2009, 08:40 AM

We human beings are amazing creatures. We are pretty much a self contained unit that somebody referred too as the space ship you.Through our intuitive abilities we have access to all of the only true knowledge in the universe according to Swami Rama.. All cultures have had sensitive individuals in them that have used their intuitive abilities to tap into universal laws and extract information that could be applied to human activities. One such law deals with intrinsic energy. This is the same energy that Alois P. Swoboda referred to it as Creative Energy. This intrinsic or creative energy has been discovered throughout the centuries by cultures from all over the world. In China it is called "chi", In Japan "Ki", In India when used in yoga it is called"prana", In Europe it was referred to as the "ether", and the ancient Hebrew Kaballists referred to it as"the infinite light".

Every form of life on earth whether human beings, trees, plants, animals or whatever has their own individual form of universal energy which Swoboda refers too as "conscious energy".

DVR/VRT, Power Flexing, and Isometrics are a from of meditation because they project this "Conscious Energy" along the neural pathways of the nervous system to the center of the mind where these thought impluses can be acted upon. That is why this phenomenon is referred too as NERVE FORCE. In a recent interview the current head of the Shaolin Temple referred too the martial arts specific DVR/VRTexercises that they do as MOVING MEDITATION.

Share |

Banned

12-22-2009, 09:14 AM

Gordon my Shaolin Ssu Kenpo Sifu called Shaolin Kenpo the Yoga of Movement, a slight variation on what that monk said. The Chinese never lost the elements of Yoga that Ta Mo brought to China from India. The ancient Greeks referred to nerve force as pneuma and linked it to breathing exercises, and they used a very modern type martial art call Pankration; that Alexnader took into India and after him Demetrius took back into india when he conquered it; after Alexander. In India Panktation seems to developed and was taken by Ta Mo to China as Shaolin Kung fu according to Mas Oyama the Karate Master.

The early Christians used the word pneuma for the spirit for a reason, they were exposed to the breathing exercises and regimen of the ancient Greeks and thier knowledge base. Gordon i agree with you DVR/VRt, owerflexing and Isometrics taps into that nerve force and trains it; the Chinese also call Chi by the term inner power.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-22-2009, 09:47 AM

Hi Duff,

I have watched this thread with great interest,thank you for starting it.Gordon is so right and his path has led him to study Nerve Force his entire life.
My path has been different but still filled with the intrinsic force of the universe. I have taught Qigong for 20 years and practiced a long,long time. Weather you call it Qi,Prana,Nerve Force,or NI in the Native Tradition we know that this intrinsic energy exhists and we can also gather energy as a micro from the macro.

The world and universe is so beautiful,so amazing. There is so much abundance that we can harness,cultivate for maximum well-being and for the well-being of others. My Native Tradition has helped to gather Nerve force.

I would boldly say that the cultivation of Nerve force is an essential key to self-mastery.

Anyways great thread-Gordon,as usual-right on target!

peace,
jason

Share |

12-22-2009, 09:56 AM

Quotes from YOGA AND HEALTH

" Everything depends on imagination, our will, and on whether we have faith. Everything in which we have faith succeeds. BELIEVE IN THAT WHICH IS NOT, IN ORDER THAT IT MAY BE!
The imagination is the creative power in our hands.

The body is made by the thought that lies behind it.

The more circumstances are against you, the more manifest becomes your inner power.

The nervous system serves to transmit the life current.

In exercising we get aquainted with the power of consciousness. We even attain the ability to produce currents of energy at will and direct them to any point of our body through simple concentration of thought.

One who understands the meaning of leading consciousness also understands the advantages that are connected with being able to cause the flow of blood to any desired part of the body.

The purpose of Yoga is to make human consciousness dependent upon our will.

The only bliss that exists is to find ones self.

'The word' in the Bible and 'prana' of the Oriental is one and the same concept. Only the name is different.

Prana is the cosmic force of life, and it's influence is to be found in every vibration on earth.

Thoughts- the manifestation of the mind- are all powerful and forge our fate for better or worse.

The soul is the self

If matter is mighty, thought is almighty! "

Share |

12-22-2009, 08:44 PM

Thank you Big Bear for sharing your experience with QiGong and your Native Tradition. These mysteries of life and self mastery are endlessly fascinating to explore.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-23-2009, 06:07 AM

Hi duff,

No problem ! Like with Gordon I have made a lifelong study of intrinsic energy.
I have taught it a long time as well.Here are some observtions that I have made as a teacher for a long while:

1) Fear is one of our great enemies to being open to energy.We all experience fear and it is a good and basic emotion and instinct.It helps us to escape dangerous situations or stand and fight.This is not the fear I am talking about.The fear I am talking about is all pervasive. It has a strangulation effect on body/mind/spirit. From an energetic sense it does not allow for the smooth flow of intrinsic energy throughout the body,and can damn up in areas of the body.
Sometimes when a new student comes through the door I like to half close my eyes and observe their energy-where they hold their fear,where chronic stiffness and other issues have set in.It is a practice of Qigong and Native tradition to try and 'see'.
As we learn to trust our ourselves we start to open and dissolve blockages.

2)Our pain over time and blockages have become old friends.They have become habitual patterns that feel comforting and 'right' in situations that arise.For some students it is difficult to let this go. To give themselves permission to dissolve this damned energy and blockage-to openness. I can attest to this through observation of many students over the years as well as myself and my initial journey. When I first started it was easy for me to keep my lower back rigid(I have a badly broken back). I will never forget the feeling of letting go of this habitual pattern of tenseness and giving myself permission to open. My break is around the mingmen point(very important for energy cultivation).Once I felt the energy and the blockage subside,it was like a kundalini experience.More importantly liberating! body/mind/spirit.

3) Openness. We have become such cynics in the west have we not? Picking apart this,picking apart that. In some ways it serves a purpose to define and see the snake oil salesmen and run like the dickens away from them. What about openness? I have seen people become so cynical that they are not open to new ideas,to even the sensations of the body/mind/spirit states. It is as if they live a philosophy of Descartes 24/7,constantly on guard against anything that can be all embrassive to the totality of their being. To be open does not mean that you become a card carrying hippie,vibing out with the universe(though I am pretty darn close-as a Green Party,Liberal of the psuedo-hippie generation.Not real hippies in our generation,they were the generation before.We were a lost generation that thought we were-perhaps in the end we were just posers-those of us that espoused (obviously not everyone did)this back in the day,ha,ha).
It has nothing to do with a philosophy,politic,or view. It has more to do with 'being'. I am a microcosm in a vast macrocosm.Together we are one.

4)LOVE(oh my goodness,he went and did it didn't he?here goes the psuedo-hippie jargon!). By LOVE here I mean the breath of the Creator. The life force.the essence of the universe and our openness to it. I have felt this energy;
Homeless in a dumpster in San.Fran.
In the wild mountains,way away from the constant talk of human beings across this amazing continent we live.
Fasting on an island.Fasting in the mountains,the desert.
Walking down the greasy tarred streets seeing light play through a spring rain.
Being with the star beings at night.
At my lonliest,my happiest,my saddest,times of being beyond the beyond,on and on.

We live in abundance.If we can learn to trust,to be open,to say goodbye,to forgive to LOVE,we have arrived at a situation quite uniques in the annals of human history.
We might moment be pregnant moment, just have an inkling of who we are,what we are,and where we are going.

Very few know themselves. This is why when someone does they are either hated(response of chronic fear)or under the right conditions exalted. To the one that knows him/her self hatred/loved doesn't really matter.

We swim in a sea of impermence. The true sage simply rides the waves,always touching the source-LOVE....

Just some simple observations over the years. Sorry to take so much space.I feel this thread is very important.

peace,
jason

Share |

Tags
nerve force