Share |
The Case Against Veganism

Author

09-30-2016, 05:17 PM

Hello Friends,

My wife Denise has sent me a video and article from Dr. Joseph Mercola's web-site titled: "The Case Against Veganism".

Denise made mention that Mara Kahn, the author of the book titled: "Vegan Betrayal: Love, Lies & Hunger in a Plants Only World." states the same things that I have been discussing with her for several years.

I reminded Denise that I had read Dr. Weston Price's Classic "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" when I was just a kid. To this day I do not think there has been a better or more important book on the topic of nutrition that has ever been written.

One of Dr. Price's discoveries on his world wide quest was that there is no tribe or indigenous culture anywhere in the world that is totally vegan and those that are vegetarian do have animal products in the form of cultured dairy and egg products.

This is worth reading:http://www.naturalhealingtools.com/a...on_a_price.pdf

Let me also state that I can be almost 100% lacto, ovo (meaning dairy products and eggs) vegetarian. No problem there at all but I still like steak tartare or a very rare steak, or even fish from time to time. So I am about 95% vegatarian.

To fully understand the difference between being vegetarian and vegan I recommend that you read the article and watch half hour video when you have the time. The point is that if one is 100% vegan it seems likely that you may run into nutritional deficiencies. I know that it has been quite an eye opener for Denise.

Here it is: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar.../veganism.aspx

---John Peterson

Share |

Author

10-01-2016, 09:27 AM

Hey Friends,

I received an angry e-mail about this.

Please note: I am not saying anything against anyone that is a Vegan on moral grounds. I fully understand that and I agree that it is admirable to not want to cause pain or suffering to anything that has life.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

01-10-2018, 05:45 AM

Hey John,

I'm reviewing the Ultimate Push Ups book and in it you have a section on diet (Fast Recovery Nutrition).

I'm wondering if your still a proponent of this Vegan Lifestyle your discussing in the book, and are you including nutrition in your latest book, as well as intermittent fasting...

Thoughts?

I've eliminated flour from my diet as well as starchy foods; however, the verdict is still out on dairy. Not sure if I'm going to do intermittent fasting again or not.

Share |

01-10-2018, 08:45 AM

https://rosemarycottageclinic.wordpr...s-study-finds/

Share |

Author

01-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Hello GBJJ,

To answer your first question. My friend Rod Fisher is a very strong proponent of Vegan Nutrition and it works for him.

I could be a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian with no problem at all because my wife Denise is a Vegetarian Chef and knows how to make the best food imaginable.

Nonetheless, I personally enjoy a rare Bison Steak from time to time so that cancels me out as a vegetarian. (Denise teases me and says it's my Native American Blood on my dad's side that craves Bison)

Now as relates to Living Strength Nutrition...YES!!! Nutrition is THE GOLDEN KEY to maximizing male hormone production along with scheduled fasting and intense exercise.

Know this: In Living Strength I am bringing both the best in Natural Nutrition and Intense Exercise that is Non-trauma based and is therefore protective and corrective to the body. My viewpoints relating to nutrition are founded in the research conducted by Dr. Weston A Price in the early 20th century. I believe he nailed it.

Removing flour from your diet is a giant step toward getting ripped and jump starting male hormone production. Personal opinion: GMO Grains have been designed to sterilize the population. http://natural-fertility-info.com/gmo-infertility.html

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

01-10-2018, 10:12 AM

Thanks John,
Looking forward to the latest info. I'm pretty much the same, I enjoy Steak and do eat chicken and lean meat.

Nobody ever got fat by eating all their veggies.. :-)

Share |

Legacy Member

01-10-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
Hello GBJJ,

To answer your first question. My friend Rod Fisher is a very strong proponent of Vegan Nutrition and it works for him.

I could be a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian with no problem at all because my wife Denise is a Vegetarian Chef and knows how to make the best food imaginable

---John Peterson
So what are your thoughts on eggs?

(Sorry I just looked up Lacto-Ovo, a person who eats vegetables, eggs, and dairy products but who does not eat meat.)

Last edited by gbjj; 01-12-2018 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Found my answer...

Share |

01-10-2018, 12:20 PM

Interesting side note !

https://archive.archaeology.org/0811...gladiator.html

Share |

Author

01-10-2018, 12:40 PM

My Thoughts on Eggs? Really? OK!

Example:

My wife makes me a spinach salad with raw nuts, natural cheeses, olives, avocado and organic poached eggs...a half dozen. NO BREADS! No Grains!

Dessert is often Organic Raspberry's, Blueberries and Strawberries with Organic Heavy Cream.

Most people never eat like this.

Example:

My wife brought dessert to a women's bible study on Monday morning. She brought organic frozen Strawberries, Blue Berries, and Raspberries along with REAL Organic Heavy Cream. Now get this, she told me that most of the women are under 40 and almost ALL told her they had never had a big bowl of Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries with heavy organic unwhipped Cream. They'd all had ice cream many, many times but few had ever had a big bowl of berries with heavy unwhipped sweet cream in their entire lives...And EVERY ONE OF THEM told Denise they couldn't believe how delicious it was. Even the big fat woman that asked if there was cake to put the berries on (and NO! I'm not joking).

Afterward a young 28 year old mother of 2 came up to Denise and said, "I wondered how you could possibly keep a figure like you do and I thought that you probably had to starve yourself and exercise 3 hours a day. I told my husband that I want to learn your secrets. Then he said to me, "Oh, I know who you mean but I'm not surprised at all. You've seen her husband haven't you? I can't believe the shape that guy is in. There's not an ounce of fat on him and he's got the tiniest waistline I've ever seen on a man. But I wonder why he bleaches his hair. Do you think he does that in order to look older?" When Denise told me about that conversation we both cracked up. And no, I don't color my hair. Its white for real.

Now, as relates to my nutrition I am well aware that there are certain nutritionists that would probably have a coronary just reading what I consume. BUT they aren't in the shape I'm in and their hormones are depleted because of what they deny themselves. They are welcome to eat whatever they want but they don't get to vote on what I eat. To each his my friend.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2018, 03:19 AM

Hey all

Interesting post and one that obviously got me rattled when I first saw it, but took a couple of deep breaths and calmed down lol.

I have been vegan for a little over 2 years myself and know many people (in real life and online) who have been vegan for 20+ years and have never run into any deficiencies.

A vegan 'diet', like any 'diet' can be very healthy and also very unhealthy depending on how it's done. You could drink vodka all day and eat orio's and call yourself vegan - but wouldn't be a healthy one.

If done properly there are no nutrients that you cannot get from a vegan diet - or should I say a plant based diet.

If you eat a whole foods, plant based diet and do it properly you can and will get all you need.

The only thing that needs addressing is Vitamin B12 - which is a byproduct of bacteria. this is found in meat (from decay) and naturally in well water/atreams etc as well as on the dirt around vegetables - but due to us drinking processed water and all veggies been washed it means Vegans don't get the B12 we would in nature. So probably a good idea to suppliment or have B12 fortified foods.

But, according to stats 39% of Meat eaters are B12 deficient. Almost all livestock are injected with B12 so meat eaters are getting their B12 second hand through their meat.

Vitamin D is also another good thing to suppliment as most people don't get enough sunlight.

Anyone who wants to look further into the science behind Vegan diets should check out www.nutritionfacts.org/ as well as their videos on youtube. All backed up by science and studies.

There are countless Vagan athletes these days that are thriving on a plant based diets - MMA fighters, olympic gymnasts, runners, cyclists, bodybuilders etc.

I, myself, do it more from a moral perspective but have spent over 2 years watching and reading as much as I can find on Vegan nutrition and eventually plan to start my own blog on it - when I can find the time!

If anyone is interested I can provide links to many channels on youtube and the web with resources etc that can explain it all much better than I can.

I would also recommend 'How Not To Die' by Dr. Michael Greger - although it is over 700 pages (200 of which are references to studies backing up what the book is about).

- Kenpopaul

Last edited by kenpopaul; 01-12-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Share |