Share |
VIDEO: Certified He-Man: Episode 3 - Gymnastics Bridging

Legacy Member

12-22-2009, 01:26 PM

Hey Joe,

Thanks again for posting that video. Being under the weather today, I decided to play around with wall walking and bridging. It wasn't easy at first, but I did my first wall walk today. It helped limber my wrists, shoulders and back. I also did my first nose to mat (well close to nose to mat) bridge today. I see what I have been missing.

By the way - I was just joking about playing havouc with the jocks from high school! However, there was an excellent episode of 21 Junp Street where everyone shared their bully story. Johnny's Depp's character as a child was terrorized by an eight year old girl who was bigger than him and who bullied him because she liked him. Richard Grieco's character as a child wore leather and had spikey hair. He slugged his bully.

Peter Deloise on the other hand was still tormented by the unfinished business of a bully who terrorized him from grade school to high school. He finally decided he was going to look this guy up after years of regrets and torment from what happened back then. The bully who had beaten, stole, and generally made his life beyond miserable turned out to be a angry, short, pockmarked, cigarette coughing wreck with a nagging wife. When he finally met him face to face, he didn't have the heart to tell him who he was, much less punch him out.

The guys who tormented us weaker mortals in high school and grade school often had lives that turned out tragic. The same with the girls who thought they were all that and more. I have lived to see the lives of some of those I had problems with and I wouldn't trade places.

Share |

Banned

12-22-2009, 03:51 PM

Great flexibility & great video Joe. I was never able to do bridges, but after watching your video I tried the tricks that you showed & I was able to do bridge. From now I am gonna try it very often.

Thanks a lot
Newman

Share |

12-22-2009, 04:39 PM

As someone who does video production for a living, let me say, "NICE JOB!" This was entertaining and informative. I think these exercises will help me build up strength and flexibility for the "nose to matt bridge."

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nathan

12-22-2009, 05:02 PM

As I said on Facebook. Awesome job Joe! And thank you for taking the time to make that video, I truly enjoyed it!

---Nathan

Jesus Christ

Share |

12-22-2009, 05:19 PM

Truely inspired Joe! Thanks for taking the time to create these videos.

All the Best!

Bill

Share |

12-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Humiliation as motivation: All right, I tried the bridge again today and got it. I'm just real careful with my recently healed shoulder.

Yippee! I'm gonna be certified.

Again.

Still?

Tom

Share |

Legacy Member

12-23-2009, 05:33 AM

The certification's in the mail! Just keep an eye out for it... it'll be any day now.

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

12-23-2009, 08:13 AM

Hey Joe,

I want to thank you again. I was a little worried about my cervical vertebra, because I've had problems before with bridging from old injuries, but my neck felt great last night. My shoulders as well. I am planning to use the wall walk and the bridge as a warm up from here on out.

Have to laugh though. I fell a couple of times trying to get the coordination down for the wall walk. It had more to do with the fear of bending backwards than anything else. Once I got it, I got it.

Share |

Author

12-23-2009, 08:17 PM

Joe, thanks for the instruction. Nothing better than to see it demonstrated in a video, and I too have tried it and succeeded; not the first time, nor second, nor third, but it took four times.

And I feel great for doing it.

I, too, was harrassed as an adolescent from a couple of tough-assed greasers, and had a nose and a left thumb broken in fights (lesson learned: NEVER do a left haymaker until you get it down right. Connected with my thumb instead of my fist). Point being is one of these guys is now bald and fat, and when I saw him at a school reunion, I knew that with the shape I was in, I could've (if I wanted to) KO'd him in under 20 seconds. But good thing we've both outgrown that. It was more pity than an old grudge, because he looked pathetic.

Real fitness allows you to have a lifetime of high self esteem.

The wall walk and bridging add to gymnastic elasticity.

--Greg Mangan

Share |

12-24-2009, 12:42 AM

Digging back a little far, it seems. I think I'll put a three year back limit for myself.

My goal is to never look back.

Tom

Share |

Tags
certified he-man, joe justice, video