Share |
VIDEO: One last rope climbing stunt

Legacy Member

03-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Not a perfect sitting rope climb, but not half bad. At 190lbs, I'll take it

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

I'm glad the girl taking the video stopped it before I end up passing out there at the end! Not really, but I did need to catch my breath!!

Today was a fun day at the gymnasium because there were some pole vaulters working on strength building exercises, so I joined in on some of that. Not too shabby when a 190lbs has better strength to bodyweight ratio than the 150lbs guys.

I need that kind of boost now and then to bolster my He-Man Certification.

-Joe

Share |

Author

03-09-2010, 09:01 PM

WOW!

OK everyone, I think we should officially change Joe's name to Jock Mahoney or Tarzan. Seriously Joe, do you have any idea how few men could do what you did in that video clip? For starters, off the charts strength to body weight ratio REQUIRED, off the charts full body muscular endurance REQUIRED and hands with skin like leather gloves REQUIRED. NOW, Don't anybody try that unless you know that you're strong enough, enduring enough, and that your hands could take that. Joe didn't become Tarzan overnight and neither will you. So give yourself time to work up to that.

Joe, you're lookin' great man. Right down to the Tarzan hair style (and that didn't happen overnight either).

---John Peterson

P.S, Joe, You used look up to me. Now I'm the one lookin' up to you. I think I liked it better the other way. But then again, Maybe not. Great job Joe.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Well, I ain't gonna get a better complement than that!!!

There's another thread started today about whether or not you should take rest days with bodyweight training. I put my $0.02 in, but let me say that I climbed that rope about 10 times tonight in various ways... I won't be doing any pull-ups for a few days!!

-Joe

Share |

03-09-2010, 09:10 PM

great work Joe!!

Share |

Legacy Member

03-09-2010, 09:18 PM

Joe,

Like John, I admire you. You've come a long way brother and you are going to go much further. Thanks for showing us what functional strength is all about.

Greg

Share |

Author

03-09-2010, 09:20 PM

Alright, let's see if I got this right. Greg, did Joe just say he climbed that rope 10 times in one workout? I'll tell you what. Under the circumstances a couple of rest days from Pull-Ups seems a wise choice. And seriously Joe. That is one long rope and I'm curious, how do your hands and forearms feel after doing that 10 times? Once as shown in the video is fantastic. 10 times in one workout? That my friend, is in the realm of dreams for most mortals.

---John Peterson

P.S. Lubriderm, the stuff works great.

Last edited by John Peterson; 03-09-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Share |

03-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Fantastic. 190 lbs. Double fantastic.

Tom

Share |

Legacy Member

03-09-2010, 09:29 PM

It was about 10 times in the span of an hour, not all at once. I was doing lots of other stuff, working on my round off with a back handspring. Did a ton of hanging leg raises too. The coach there saw that I could do them and asked me to show the pole vaulters how to build up to it. I only did the climb twice in a sit, the other times were straight, a few were with leg assistance to show everyone how to do it.

Leading by example is tough work! Pretty intense day today with I think about it

Arms and hands could seriously use a rest I have a feeling that I'm going to feel this tomorrow.

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nathan

03-10-2010, 11:37 AM

That's awesome Joe! Now I'm curious, how are you feeling today? Again, awesome brother. You're an inspiration.

~Nathan

Jesus Christ

Share |

Banned

03-10-2010, 11:45 AM

Outstanding, I doubt even Jack LaLanne could do that! Especially at 6'01" 190 lbs.

Share |

Tags
joe justice, rope climbing