Share |
VIDEO: Warrior Power T Push-Ups

05-10-2010, 06:35 PM

Thanks Joe!

Ok... Let's try this. I am very glad to say that is a good video....

Any better? HAHA!

I'll ask Mr. Galiga if he has a camera I can use to get it on here. He said sometheing about making a video the other day. I might try tomorrow if he's not busy making his own.

Share |

05-11-2010, 01:30 AM

That off the cuff, quickie quality is better than most other's (my) scripted videos. You put in some good instruction.

Somewhere around the full planks or full push-ups, you had at least a couple of birds back there doing some good funk rhythms between them. It was almost as if you had sampled and put them in there.

Tom

Share |

Author

05-11-2010, 09:34 AM

Hey JOE,

Absolutely GREAT! Very fun to watch. Your instruction is always first rate. And it is easy to see why the Warrior Power T's gave you Rope climbing power. In fact, the amazing thing to me is how easy you make it look.

Believe me friends, if any of you reading this think that home made Power T's with flat bottoms give you the same benefits as ours that Martial Arts Master Gary Bowes created, it's only because you have never tried ours. the difference is night and day.

---John Peterson

Share |

05-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Sweet! I am only up to 5 or 6 regular pushups on the Ts so far, so this is good motivation to do more.

Funny story: I took the Ts with me to a Bible study group to show the guys. After watching your video they thought that it couldn't be that difficult (you made it look too easy). Of course no one could do even one pushup, so I looked like the man for being able to do 6 before that sabotaged by efforts to do more.

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyleeelder
My Blog: http://jeremy-lee-elder.blogspot.com/

Share |

Legacy Member

05-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Mason,

I agree with Joe, would really like to see a video of you doing HSPUs on the Ts. Some time ago I was trying just about everything that anyone mentioned on the Ts, used a stability ball, used a power wheel, did pike/roll outs with each while on the Ts, running in place, mountain climbers, grass hoppers, squat thrusts from the squat position, table top pushups and more. I was doing all of this in one session just to see what I could do and often times changing grip positions and I thought I was doing pretty good. It was then that I tried a HSPU, adrenaline was pumping, and I decided to see if I could kick up into a hand stand and do pushups. Didn’t go well and I was back on the floor, haven’t tried since then. I guess for a moment there I thought I was in Cirque du Soleil, imagine what they could do with a pair of Ts!!!

Sounds like you have been successful. After thinking about what I had done I thought that if I ever tried again I would start from a headstand braced against the wall and push up with the support and safety of the wall. Or even with a spotter to help me through the movement a few times. Mind telling us how you do yours?

Joe – again really liked, was gladdened by, was thrilled by, your great video. An alternate plan for preventing that face plant is to make sure that your head / face is looking forward when doing pushups and if you loose your balance arch your back, throw your head up and back kinda like “slipping a punch” and land on your belly and chest.

Jeremy – I can relate. I think I have probably shown the Ts to more people than anyone else and still get a kick out of watching first time users. Although some folks have really surprised me and have done exceptionally well their first attempt, those folks were in very good shape and their performance was a testimony to their personal program. Not trying to gloat here but I also enjoy the look on the young guys faces when they see an old guy (me) knock off a set of 20.

Just recently got a pair to a black belt in Massachusetts. He thought they were great kept them at home for a few weeks and practiced daily. Then brought them to the DoJo, had everyone there “try” and then amazed them by knocking out several sets.

Tom – did you say the Birds got back together and did the sound track for Joe’s video?

John – Was that “me” you were referring to?!!!!!! I sound like quite a guy.

GB

Share |

05-12-2010, 05:35 PM

Hey GB, I think I've lead people to think I do it withiout a brace. I did not mean this by any means. I never thought about that untill I read your post.

I do them up against a wall, my hands are about a foot out just so I'm able to get on to the T's without falling on my face trying to get up.

I'm sorry if everyone has thought I just hop into the HS position....

Share |

Legacy Member

05-17-2010, 08:22 AM

Mason, I think everyone knew you were using a wall or something for support. What Gary was getting at, I think, is do you kick up on the T's or do you go from a headstand with your hands on the Ts and push up into the handstand. I still can't feature it, I can barely do a handstand push-up at all so doing the with the Ts just blows my mind!

For us mere mortals, I think the elevated feet variation of the Power T push-ups is a really fantastic exercise to build up to.

I was thinking about people saying the T's only build balance. If you can get on the Ts and pump out 10 to 20 reps, after feeling what you feel in your arms, shoulders, chest and core you won't say it's just balance! But that's IF you can actually do a few reps

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

05-17-2010, 01:28 PM

Joe,

You are correct – when I tried the handstand pushup on the Ts I attempted to kick up to a handstand, against the wall. Should have tried to start out in a headstand, against the wall, and push up into a handstand.

GB

Share |

05-18-2010, 09:04 PM

Whew! Ok good. I started to feel weird after that.

I start out with my arms as straight as I can get them, then climb the wall. It took me a while to get it down.

Share |

Tags
certified he-man, joe justice, video