• Military Pushups - 50
  • Atlas sit-ups - 52
  • Hindu Squats - 210
  • Atlas sit-ups - 50
  • Military Pushups - 31
  • Milo - complete routine
  • Time to completion: 24min 02.3 seconds
Today's Thoughts:
Good workout today, did better then I thought I would. Feel great afterward!

Getting fit not only requires strength and determination, but the discipline to do what is necessary to reach your goals.

Share |

Legacy Member

02-23-2010, 07:38 PM

Today's weight:
  • 145.4lbs
Today's workout:
Nothing

Thoughts:
I had no workout today. Early on in my day I over stretched or something, and it has caused a pain along the left side of my back. It's nothing unbearable, but I fear that I might make it worse if I do GUTS right now. I also wanted to mention that i climbed for an hour yesterday, and did feel unusually sore today. Perhaps my body is just really getting pushed up to a new level and having a hard time adjusting.

I will see how I feel tomorrow, but I'm hoping to get in a good climb and a mini-Guts routine. On the up side, my weight is down, and I'm finally in the 145's. With a bit of luck, and mostly work, I'll get that down even further as I continue to trim the fat off.

Getting fit not only requires strength and determination, but the discipline to do what is necessary to reach your goals.

Share |

Legacy Member

02-26-2010, 03:38 PM

Today's weight:
  • 146.6lbs
Today's workout:
  • Climbing: 1hr and 20min

Thoughts:

GREAT and I mean GREAT climb today. I felt very strong and my muscles did exactly what I asked of them. I was able to push myself and complete a couple routes that had been eluding me previously, and I really pushed myself to get my body a good pump.

Only downside is the weight, or perhaps I should say upside. I intend to post more on the goings on in the main forum though.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-02-2010, 02:05 PM

Today's weight:
  • 147.6lbs
Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 50
  • Atlas sit-ups - 60
  • Hindu Squats - 100
  • Atlas sit-ups - 50
  • Military Pushups - 18
  • Milo - complete routine
  • Time to completion: 15min 16.3 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

So I got a GUTS workout in today, and I'm glad I did. The weight inching up like that is a good reminder, but still something is off. I intend to post more about it on the main forums, so check there in the enxt day or 2 for a rundown.

As a note, I intentionally cut the squats down to 100. I have noticed that the higher my numbers get ,the further away I am from getting 100 in 4 min. which is the pace needed to get 300 in 12. Plus I hadn't done GUTS in a while, so Ifigured it would help working on that timing plus give my legs a chance to get caught up again with GUTS.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-05-2010, 05:07 PM

Today's weight:
  • 146.0lbs
Today's workout:
  • Climbing: 1hr and 50min
  • Walking: 1hr and 30 min
Thoughts:

Long climbing session today! Very appy to report that I had a nice long climbing session today where I felt pretty good throughout, and got a god workout. So good in fact my lady and I treated ourselves to a hamburger and shake. Figured that we should get a walk in on the beautiful day, so we also hit up the lake area for a while to boot!

Overall feeling good, and looking at my weight with glee.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-08-2010, 09:48 AM

Yesterday's weight:
  • 147.8lbs
Today's workout:
  • Climbing: 2hr and 05min

Thoughts:

Didn't post a couple previous workouts, just been busy. Overall though I'm pleased with the progress I've been making, though the weight was a bit up. I think that was from eating quite late last night, should be down on Monday.

Wil tryt get back into the swing of posting things here.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-15-2010, 06:41 PM

Today's weight:
  • 144.4lbs

Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 22
  • Atlas sit-ups - 35
  • Hindu Squats - 65
  • Atlas sit-ups - 35
  • Military Pushups - 22
  • Time to completion: 6min 37.4 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

I finally went UNDER the goal! hoorah hoorah. Now it's just keeping it there.

So its been a while since I've posted, and I'm putting in low numbers. Basically I had to reboot GUTS. I wasn't getting the same great feeling from it, due to inconsitancy. I reasoned that if I lowered the numbers back to beginner level and worked my way back up the ladder, I would be able to get to similar numbers, and stand a much better chance of doing GUTS daily.

For the month I am not rock climbing, as I have other expenses that I would like to take care of. This is nice in that it will give my hands a bit of time off the rock to heal, but it also means I will lose a lot of my climbing strength. That is, unless I use pushups to help keep it up, and GUTS is a perfect avenue for that.

All that being said, I also wanted to state that I actually restarted GUTS on Sunday, with these numbers:

Sunday's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 20
  • Atlas sit-ups - 30
  • Hindu Squats - 60
  • Atlas sit-ups - 30
  • Military Pushups - 20

Anyway, that's all for now, but I mst admit I'm very happy about the weight!

Share |

Legacy Member

03-16-2010, 08:53 PM

Today's weight:
  • 145.2lbs
Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 23
  • Atlas sit-ups - 36
  • Hindu Squats - 70
  • Atlas sit-ups - 36
  • Military Pushups - 23
  • Time to completion: 7min 21.3 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

So, the weight was up a little bit up today. Not to be put down by it though I took a look in the mirror and was somewhat proud of what I saw. Not something that I say regularly or often. I also feel like this start over of GUTS has been really helpful too. Lately I'd been putting off the GUTS routine and I think part of that was related to the fact that I was just letting the numbers get to me.

Now that my weight is basically where I want it, it's time to get the workouts going the way I want again, and even if that's counter to what JP has said, I know that I'm moving in the right direction for me. A good sign in the "be your own trainer" mantra for sure.

Last edited by omad0n; 03-17-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-17-2010, 06:54 PM

Today's weight:
  • 146.0lbs
Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 25
  • Atlas sit-ups - 37
  • Hindu Squats - 75
  • Atlas sit-ups - 37
  • Military Pushups - 25
  • Time to completion: 7min 09.4 seconds
Today's Thoughts:
Well, the weight is up, but I'm not thinking too much on it. Yes I want the weight down, but if it's going to give me trouble, so be it. I know that if I keep up the workouts it will go down again.

I'm also not calorie counting currently. I'm just tryign to watch a bit of what I eat. I know that for tomorrow my weight will be up, as I'm having some REALLY bad but amazing food tonight (roasted beef in a puff pastry, and veggies) Overall the workout felt good , icoudl tell I was pushing it on the speed and for today that was great.

I'm also happy that overall my body is keeping up with the workout nicely. It's true I started very low again, but I did that so I could try getting this done daily, and ramp up as I am able w/o burning myself out. More to come!

Share |

Legacy Member

03-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Today's weight:
  • 145.4lbs
Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 27
  • Atlas sit-ups - 40
  • Hindu Squats - 80
  • Atlas sit-ups - 40
  • Military Pushups - 27
  • Time to completion: 8min 46.8 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

Always love seeing the weight going in the right direction!

Today, I has a longer workout, but not much larger numbers. The reason was that my knee started feeling funny about 40 squats in so I did the other 40 slowly and carefully. The knee feels fine otherwise, and I didn't even know it was a bother point. It could be that I have been walking big hills the past 2 days for about 30 min. each, and my body is getting adjusted. I'll see how it feels tomorrow, as I definitely don't want to hurt myself with the squats.

Overall I'm feeling good, feeling like things are coming together. I saw a friend last night that i hadn't seen in a month or so and she was impressed by my physique and changes so that's great motivation. After all, who doesn't like seeing someone after a while and finding they notice your hard work

Share |

Tags
guts, omad0n, pushups