• GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 28
  • Atlas sit-ups - 41
  • Hindu Squats - 85
  • Atlas sit-ups - 41
  • Military Pushups - 28
  • Time to completion: 7min 59.9 seconds
Today's Thoughts:
Took a day off to make sure my knee was feeling okay. It wasn't hurting at al while walking on it, but I figured better safe then sorry. My weight is down again, and I'm wanting to keep it that way, so a GUTS work I go!

The numbers show that I was able to shave off the better part of a minute. I'm not sure if I sacrificed a lot of form for it, but I don't feel like I did. Overall I'm feeling really good, and strong. Pleased that I was able to workout today, despite being very tired when I got home from work. For those that hadn't noticed, I'm working again, but since I want to get home to my fiance, I do the workout once I'm home.

More as it comes.

Getting fit not only requires strength and determination, but the discipline to do what is necessary to reach your goals.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-24-2010, 07:01 PM

Today's weight:
  • 144.8lbs
Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 29
  • Atlas sit-ups - 42
  • Hindu Squats - 90
  • Atlas sit-ups - 42
  • Military Pushups - 29
  • Time to completion: 8min 03.4 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

Strong workout again, no excuse other then being tired for yesterday. Come to think of it though, I'm pretty tired today, but still did the workout. Still struggling to find the right balance I guess. Overall I'm pleased though. The weight is very much in the right ballpark, people say I'm noticeably slimmer, and I'm enjoying the look i'm getting in the mirror more and more.

Getting fit not only requires strength and determination, but the discipline to do what is necessary to reach your goals.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-25-2010, 09:42 PM

Today's weight:
  • 145.4lbs
Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 29
  • Atlas sit-ups - 42
  • Hindu Squats - 90
  • Atlas sit-ups - 42
  • Military Pushups - 29
  • Time to completion: 8min 04.4 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

Wow, crazy! I intentionally repeated the same numbers, but instead of doing the workout before dinner, I did it afterward (little break before of course.) I had a LOT more energy for the pushups, and felt good during the squats. In fact, the squats were finished pretty darn quick by my calculations. The slow part was the atlas situp, which was just a lot harder than normal.

Funny how changing things like when we eat can have such an impact. Not complaining, just saying!

Overall, feeling good, and looking forward to more as I rebuild my numbers.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-27-2010, 12:10 PM

Today's weight:
  • 145.6lbs
Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 30
  • Atlas sit-ups - 42
  • Hindu Squats - 90
  • Atlas sit-ups - 42
  • Military Pushups - 30
  • Time to completion: 8min 24.6 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

Good workout today. I was please with it, but didn't really improve that much. Oh well, can't all be gold. Feeling good from the workout this AM, and basically going to keep working to get my numbers up. I'm feeling less pressed in the legs which means it will be time to put the numbers up again. Overall, happy with the weight, but I'd rather be on the other side of the 145 mark. Time will tell where I go!

Share |

Legacy Member

03-29-2010, 07:27 PM

Today's weight:
  • Unknown!
Today's workout:
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 31
  • Atlas sit-ups - 43
  • Hindu Squats - 95
  • Atlas sit-ups - 43
  • Military Pushups - 31
  • Time to completion: 8min 37.4 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

First on the Agenda... weight!

So my fiance's sister is in town for the week. Our scale happens to be out in an open non carpeted area that is not the restroom. What does this mean you might ask, well no getting naked in the kitchen to weigh myself! All in all though I don't think it's so bad. I'll just have a week of guess what my weights at, and see how close I am by the end!

Overall, I'm pretty excited about it, I mean no weight watching. Now, I may find that I'm unhappy with the end of the week results but that's okay. The only down side is that it also means I'm on the couch all week (pull out bed) but hopefully that won't mess with my rest too much.

The workout itself was pretty decent. I felt a good burn throughout, and even think my body is adapting pretty well. The time is slipping so to speak, but I'm also adding numbers. I figure if I keep within the goals of pushups matched to the second, situps no longer than 3 min. worth, and 100 squats per 4min. then I'm doing great as that is ultimately what i'll have to be able to do to complete GUTS at the elite level. More as it comes!

Share |

Legacy Member

03-30-2010, 07:19 PM

Today's weight:
  • Unknown!
Today's workout:
  • Walking: 15 min. to work, 1hr during lunch and 15 min. home
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 31
  • Atlas sit-ups - 43
  • Hindu Squats - 100
  • Atlas sit-ups - 43
  • Military Pushups - 31
  • Time to completion: 9min 01.5 seconds
Today's Thoughts:

Man that GUTS thing was rough! I think in large part it was because I did so much walking today. I just had a bunch of work errands to run downtown, and hoofed it. For those that don't know, downtown Seattle is home to many hills! Regardless, I'm glad I did the workout. I was trying to spend my mental energy on my goals, and picturing the future as I continue to reach them.

Share |

Legacy Member

04-05-2010, 11:00 PM

Today's weight:
Today's workout:
  • Walking: 1hr during lunch and 11 min. home
  • GUTS:
  • Military Pushups - 33
  • Atlas sit-ups - 45
  • Hindu Squats - 100
  • Atlas sit-ups - 45
  • Military Pushups - 33
  • Time to completion: 9min 06.5 seconds
Today's Thoughts:
I feel like I did well today, form was a little suffering, but I was keeping the time on point. Especially considering I upped a few things. Overall, I'm annoyed about the weight, and honestly I didn't eat anything today that is going to help, but so it goes sometimes. For now I will continue to push the workouts and hopefully get myself back on track foodwise, so I can keep seeing those numbers going down.

Big Picture, pretty pleased with things. Just looking for that extra kick to get the rest of the way.

Share |

Tags
guts, omad0n, pushups