Share |
Outwitting The Devil---Napolean Hill

Author

02-09-2018, 06:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

I recently came across the following audio book and highly recommend it to one and all.

Its title is 'Outwitting The Devil'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHuvGzc4Ih0

---John Peterson

Share |

02-10-2018, 02:14 AM

That audio program is positively brilliant. It is hard to believe that it as written over 70 years ago as it speaks perfectly to the complicated, rapidly changing, world that we live in today.

After I got out of the service I entered the real estate business and enjoyed early success . One of the early investments that I made was to buy a few shares of stock in the Combined Insurance Company of America which at the time was owned by W. Clement Stone who was also one of the pioneers of positive thinking, He introduced me to Napoleon Hill and in fact Stone co-authored "Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude" with Hill.

Everything was going fine until the real estate crash and Savings and Loan crisis of the 1970s and 1980s. The company that I was working for closed my office and I lost my job at the time. My total life fell apart. I was unemployed for a long time which was a major factor in a very difficult and contentious divorce. To finally get a job I had to relocate over 2000 miles from where I had been living which meant that I lost contact with my two young children and had to enter a completely unfamiliar area without any contacts or familiarity .

There were many negative experiences and depressing and even desperate moments. Through the whole process I used the writing of Napoleon Hill and W. Clement Stone to keep myself in a positive mental attitude.

Everything has worked out as I got both of my children through college and one through graduate school and I have been comfortably retired for 10 years thanks to the mind control of Napoleon Hill and W.Clement Stone

Last edited by Andy62; 02-10-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Share |

Author

02-10-2018, 09:33 AM

Gordon My Friend,

YOU SIR, are a WARRIOR and everyday LIFE was and is your TRAINING GROUND.

The reality of what I have just stated is fact. LIFE, everyday life, is it's own training ground and there are challenges that present themselves that will either transform or destroy. They will transform only when we refuse to give up. It is at that point that:

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; new, universal, and more liberal laws will begin to establish themselves around and within him; or the old laws be expanded, and interpreted in his favor in a more liberal sense, and he will live with the license of a higher order of beings.”

---John Peterson

Share |

02-10-2018, 01:57 PM

Andy62,

Your posts are always encouraging. I'm going through a divorce now at age 62. Not nearly as bad as yours was, but it still hurts. I didn't think I'd be alone in my old age (or borderline old age.) Fortunately, my children are grown and supportive and nearby, and even one stepchild & her family are supportive. And there's grandkids!

Michael

Share |

Author

02-10-2018, 11:07 PM

Michael,

My prayers are with You.

I want to share something with YOU that I hope YOU will take the right way because it's meant to be an encouragement. After my grandmother died in 1958 my Grandfather was then 65. He spent 2 years alone and then he then met Catherine.

Catherine was best friends with Uncle Wally's lady Virginia. She had recently lost her husband to cancer. Wally asked Virginia to invite Catherine to go out to dinner with them to celebrate his birthday. At the same time he had invited my Grandfather to the birthday celebration dinner. Neither Catherine nor my Grandfather had a clue that they were going to meet each other that night but they did.

The date was Wednesday, September 28th, 1960, Uncle Wally's birthday and the night my Grandfather met the girl of his dreams. She was 42 and almost a month later to the day he turned 67. My grandfather told me that the moment he met her everything changed in just one heartbeat. Year's later she told me that she fell for my grandfather the moment they met and that she was so surprised that it happened the way it did and so suddenly that she felt guilty for not feeling guilty about it. They never spent another night apart for the next 30 years. In fact, let me tell you something. It was extraordinary to see them together. It made people feel good just to see them together and they were living proof to me and everyone else that there truly is such a thing as a great marriage in which the TWO really do become ONE. Trust me on this, HE was in such awesome shape that the 25 year age difference meant nothing. And it was really cool to see her become just as fanatical about Physical Culture as he was.

Michael, I'm telling you this because I want you to realize that great and wonderful things can happen.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

02-11-2018, 05:49 PM

Wow! That is an incredibly inspiring story John! Love at first sight! Thanks for sharing...
Jim

Share |

Send a message via AIM to sixmillionman Send a message via MSN to sixmillionman

02-12-2018, 09:04 AM

bad things happen to good people sometimes.i was 48 years old when i lost my first wife . i felt weird being a wdower at 48 after that i got laid off from a job i.stay single for a long time.met my second wife where i worked at.things are good now.sometimes you have to endure to prevail.at 69 i am doing good now..

Share |

02-12-2018, 10:21 AM

Sometimes the randomness of life can hit even good people with bad things. It is then that we have to remember the potential internal strengths that we have and develop them and rely on them.

I have had a lot of experience in my personal, military and business lives with training and personal counseling techniques, but I have never come across anything with the depth and penetrating advice that Napoleon Hill gives in that "Outwitting the Devil " discussion. I can see why they waited over 70 years to release it in order to allow the public consciousness to develop to the point where people can understand it, I realize that it is long,but it is worth the effort to listen to it and understand it. It deals with concepts that many professionals will not and cannot deal with for various reasons. It is positively brilliant !

Last edited by Andy62; 02-12-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Share |

02-13-2018, 01:09 PM

The book is also available in paperback on Amazon.com

Share |

Author

02-13-2018, 05:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am in complete agreement with what Gordon has stated above about "Outwitting the Devil".

I have read a great number of books over the years but no other book that I have ever come across offers the level of depth, insight, and detail that 'Outwitting the Devil' has to offer.

In addition to the above format, I also found it available in 5 Parts of approximately an hour to an hour and 15 minutes each.

Part#1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrY6XQrQUQ8

Part#2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRZ-yzaq05U

Part#3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iPU3CsSZAs

Part#4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5NdHomM0dY

Par#5) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHf9-z7bd2w

---John Peterson

Share |