Share |
72 year old runs 5:29 Mile- Does BW Exercises

12-13-2017, 02:00 PM

This guy is doing it the right way and rarely gets injured. His main workout is body weight stuff.

The pic of him running shows lean hard muscles. He does lift weights but not sure how much. Think it pretty great he uses his body and sees great results

72 year old Gary Patton ran a 5:29 mile and broke an age group 30 year record last week. He only runs 15 mpw and does Burpees, Push ups and Squats every morning

Patton does not run a lot of miles. But he is adamant about supplementing his running with a full complement of strength work and cross training. Each of the past few years he has tacked a bit more onto the schedule.

This year Ive added a morning session of a lot of squats, push-ups and burpees, and a lot of stretching, he said. I spend 30 to 40 minutes every morning doing those. And Im on a three-day rotation with my afternoon workoutsone day of running, one day of weight training, and one day of cross training.

He works out twice a day too, incredible.

A retired engineer, Patton spends time as a volunteer, helping seniors figure out the Medicare system. I sit down next to a lot of 65-year-olds, and Im thinking to myself, Boy, Im sure glad Im not in their condition, he said.

Article
https://www.runnersworld.com/masters...80%99s%20World

Share |