Share |
Time to pushup blitz with a twist

03-17-2019, 03:31 PM

Hey Superbeast,

You can supercharge the bean + legume nutritional profile by using a pressure cooker with raw organic beans.

The high heat eliminates the phytic acid unlike boiling which leaves most of it in.

Garbanzo beans (dry and unsoaked) are ready in 22 minutes in most pressure cookers. White and kidney beans in 15 minutes or so. Way faster than boiling and way cheaper and more nutritious than canned. Plus no gender bender BPAs from the cans.

I like to saute the spices first esp if they are Indian or TexMex, then add the beans and veggies.

Share |

03-19-2019, 04:16 PM

I never thought of that..I have been looking at the instapot pressure cookers off and on..Thats what Im gonna do You just expanded my thinking..it meets my standards of diet...uea the only thing that makes me wary of cans is the bpa...oh I would def add black beans to mix..I believe each bean complements each other...and bag beans are very inexpensive..so tell me in more detail how you prep your beans and some of your techniques..My gears are already turning..and can add in the greens more readily..so any prep you use and could share would be highly appreaciated..as I think im gonna make this method my new norm im gonna pick up a pot tonight

Share |

03-19-2019, 09:16 PM

Oh Lionking my thoughts exactly what we eat has a assimilation component and like you said the sequence key is turned when we partake in the complementary component...and what cant be used is filterd out or stored..I believe alot of what we think we know is wrong and is really a guessing game of alchemeny and eating what is natrually and instictually desired to consume that which we know has great vitality benefiets...mostly I mean trying to quantify the values of RDAs is preposterious..If that was the case alot of people shouldnt be alive right now and to extent thriving on the diets they consume.

Im very wary of science and vain babblings of the authorities on objective quantification of variois intakes one should individualy consume.....

I do agree with having a balanced diet of the basic components of human subsistance to the appropiate saiety levels

All you have to do is look at any old time physical cultrists...though I do agree technological advancementz, inventions, way of life has increased life span signifacantly..but its about seperating the wheat from tje chaff with me..like ok this makes sense over here is logical...tjen this over here not so much..just my thoughts objective and subjective outlooks

Share |

Legacy Member

03-21-2019, 07:07 AM

WOW!

Great post SUPERBEAST and amazing routine. I'm in the process of getting together a routine as I haven't trained much in the last 12 months apart from Martial arts and really need to get back to it! Your workout is quite similar to one I did a few years ago and one that I always return back to - so thanks for the motivation.

Lionking - You are spot on about the complete/incomplete protein thing. This is a myth that is still doing the rounds. Proteins are just strings of Amino acids. Plant foods contain ALL these amino acids, in varying amounts and the body stores these amino acids until they are needed. There is no need at all to combine different plant foods either (for example beans and rice) in order to get the complete amino acids (again another myth), and as long as you eat a variety of different foods during the week then your body is getting all the amino acids that it needs.

Animals that people eat contain protein. These animals get their protein (i.e. amino acids) from plants/plant based foods. We can do the same - and our body then doesn't need to waste energy first breaking down the meat/protein into amino acids. Some food for thought lol.

Right - I'm off to tweek my own workout to include some of the above! along with isometrics and some DVR's

Take care all

- Kenpopaul

Share |

Legacy Member

03-21-2019, 07:15 AM

Thanks Kenpopaul for exposing the protein myth. People are eating WAY too much protein in general.. both animal and non-animal alike.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-21-2019, 09:08 AM

That is sadly very true.

There is a grteat book called 'Proteinaholic' which is worth a read.

I used to be caught up in the whole bodybuilding scene many years ago (also when I did eat meat) and woud be eating 180-200g protein a day, because that was everyone said I should be eating. Sure I got big, but also got a massive gut and inflammation.

Nowadays I probably eat 70g-90g max a day (I don't really track those things much anymore. Occasionally I do using Chronometer just to make sure I'm getting the vitamins, minerals and Amino acids I need).

- Kenpopaul

Share |

03-24-2019, 01:50 AM

Thanks KENOPPAUL I agree we dont need copius amounts of protein..and dont need to micromanage arbitrary numbers. But Im curious what is a chronometer

Share |