Share |
Only One Thing Determines Your Success

Legacy Member

07-20-2017, 05:17 AM

After reviewing the 5:2 video and doing a little research I'm going to give this a go and implement a 5:2 for a month or two and see how I feel.

A few people were doing this breaking up the days between fasts, that to me seemed a little more logical. Pre-weekend prep and post weekend recovery was the mantra. I get that, usually the weekend is spent eating and having a good time with family and friends and any health conscious habits typically go out the window for me. I would much rather just enjoy good times with my family dining out and not make any big fuss over dietary habits.

Friday nights are date nights for me with my bride, So I am going to try out a Thursday fast as well as a Monday fast...

Day 1 today ....

Share |

Legacy Member

07-20-2017, 08:29 AM

Hi John,

As always great post!

I was wondering how you would suggest I do this being Vegan? I know your views on Soy/Tofu and appreciate your concerns. I do eat it (not much, a couple of times a week maximum), but mainly try to stick to whole foods.

This post resonated with me as I feel I have about 15-20lbs to lose too. Probably more like 14-15lbs.

I have also started doing Hindu Squats again every other day as well as HIT on a stationary Bike along with my 3 times a week workout at the gym (light weights high reps now along with bodyweight training).

Also got back into the Martial Arts so doing that on my off days for 15-20 minutes (mainly forms and techniques).

I've decided I will be cutting out the grains (although I am going to stick with Quinoa which is more of a sprouted seed than a grain).

Any thoughts/tips would be great.

- Kenpopaul

Share |

Author

07-20-2017, 02:58 PM

Hello Kenpopaul,

The issue surrounding Soy/Tofu is one that has advocates and detractors from both sides in constant debate.

Here is the Bottom Line: You are the man calling shots for you. Nobody else gets to vote on it. If you enjoy soy and it works well for you then nobody else matters.

For me Personally, I do daily Intermittent Fasting (at least 17/7) and it works great for me because when I do eat, I eat until 100% satisfied.
---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

09-03-2017, 08:57 AM

Hi John

I'm starting this tomorrow as I still have some weight to lose and have a holiday in 30 days. So for the next 30 days I am committed to doing the folowing:

Daily - Isometrics with my power belt (The program you gave in a previous thread)
Daily - Basic workout of Hindu Squats, Hindu Pushups and Back Bridge
Every Other Day - Full body Bodyweight Circuits type workout
Evening - Qi Gong, Stretching and Meditation

My Questions:

- You said about cutting out ALL grains. Does Quinoa count? Some people say it's technically a grain as it is a sprouted seed. I also presume NO rice at all (brown, wild etc)?
- I have pasta that is purely made out of organic peas and another out of organic lentils. I presume these are okay to eat?

Look forward to your input

- Kenpopaul

Share |

09-04-2017, 07:20 PM

John, potatoes seem to be off the list. Would you include these in your off limits list?

Jon

Share |

Author

09-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Hello JonLClay,

Every man is free to consume whatever he desires.

If a man does not like the results of his current nutrition plan, if he doesn't feel that it is serving his best interests, then he should change his eating plan and begin by eliminating the foods that are likely to be the culprit. It's not rocket science.

---John Peterson

Share |