Share |
Intermittent Fasting and Early Morning Workouts

Legacy Member

10-19-2017, 09:13 AM

I was trying to get some feedback on intermittent fasting as it relates to performing cardio, specifically running first thing in the morning.

I have been ( not in the past 2 weeks) enjoying intermittent fasting; however, I have recently changed up my running schedule. I am now getting my running completed in the morning right after rolling out of bed (4:00 AM). I do this because it's just the best way fit it in. I typically will run 2-3 miles on average 2 mile day, 3 mile day etc... plan on bumping my mileage up slowly, I'm in no hurry and just enjoy where I'm at.

I did this every day this week, then shower and head to work coffee in hand and a good mix of carbs and protien.

I am wondering about the implications of not providing fuel for you body after exercise. Is this really a big deal and will it have an impact on your recovery process?

Does anyone exercise in the morning and go without replenishment fuel post workout? I'm pretty sure that I saw one of Johns post saying he was doing something in the morning, but from what I remember it was not a grueling workout per-say, the details escape me.

Thoughts..

Share |

10-19-2017, 10:51 AM

My experience has been nothing but positive; although, the immediate transition was difficult. In the long run (pun intended), my running performance improved substantially after a week or so of acclimation with intermittent fasting.

Morning has been the best time to exercise because I am nourished from a healthy dinner the prior evening and plenty hydrated from clean fluids during the day. The results of all this is that I wake up energized and rested with the fuel to perform productively.

The next benefit has been the energy realized post-workout and supplemented with enough natural nourishment in the morning to refuel my cells for a productive day...

Rinse and repeat.

I try not to over-complicate the process with too many exact details; I just go with my gut. It houses the true mind anyway. When I overthink my intake and output, all I get is frustration in return. Hope this helps.

Share |

Legacy Member

10-19-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodude View Post

The next benefit has been the energy realized post-workout and supplemented with enough natural nourishment in the morning to refuel my cells for a productive day...

Rinse and repeat.
Natural nourishment in the morning? I thought the idea was to fast in the morning? What do you mean by that?

Share |

Author

10-19-2017, 11:24 AM

Hello Jon,

I workout every morning. I could post what a typical workout includes but it would serve no purpose because it would seem intimidating to many people. My morning workouts are always in a fasted state. Sara will be posting a few clips of some of the exercises that I do so that you can all see the kind of shape I am in.

As relates to Intermittent Fasting and running there is NO ONE that can tell you what is best for your body. YOU are the only person living inside of your body. Only YOU know your energy levels and how you feel after your workouts.

The feeling that I personally want is to feel extremely strong, relaxed, and totally in control of my thoughts. When I FEEL that way---I am in a state of GOOD HUMOR. The one thing that helps me achieve that is my morning complex of Power Belt Isometrics. I personally have increased my number of Isometric Contractions from 12 X 3-stage:6-7-8 Isometrics to 15 to 20 X 3 stage Isometric Contractions. My muscle density and endurance/strength to body weight ratio are off the chart when I perform body weight strength calisthenics and my energy is also off the charts. I attribute this to my practice of I.F. and Power Belt Isometrics.

Experiment, Document, Review. Do this for 12 weeks and you will see patterns emerge that tell you about YOU!

Seriously, BECOME your own best expert. The WAY to accomplish that is ALONE.

---John Peterson

P.S. It does not matter who wrote it, who practices it, who recommends it. If something does not work for YOU then dump it. As relates to your health and well being only YOU can find and know the answers that you are looking for.

PPS: When I use ALL CAPS I am well aware that it supposedly means that you are shouting in WWW terms. But I am not shouting. Like the old Charles Atlas course that used ALL CAPS for emphasis I do the same thing. In my posts I emphasize the word YOU a great deal because I want all of my friends to understand that the only person they can truly KNOW in every sense of the word is themselves and because that is true nobody else gets to vote on it. YOU are your own best authority.

Share |

10-19-2017, 04:49 PM

Brother John, I have thought for some time that the Lord put you here to carry on the good work that Charles Atlas did, and to take it to the next level. I still believe that.
Mike

Share |

10-19-2017, 05:04 PM

Jon,

My reference to my morning nourishment is an example of what John is saying about being my own judge. I seriously just followed my instict regarding what my body needed.

To answer the question, though, after my morning workout/run, I have a cup of black coffee and a glass (about 16 oz) of veggie juice made from beets, celery, carrots, tomato, spinach and jalapeno. Sometimes I go without but this is about the standard.

Its not much, but I feel better in my gut and with my mental clarity, doing it than with nothing but water or coffee.

Share |

10-20-2017, 06:57 AM

hi John, what's the 6-7-8 protocol that you write about, i think I've seen you it mention before,

Share |

Author

10-20-2017, 12:07 PM

Hey Soly,

It's just like your 5-6-7 =18 seconds protocol only I found myself naturally gravitating to 6-7-8 = 21 seconds.

The three stage Isometric protocol that you developed has literally transformed my workouts, physique and muscle density and youthfulness. The reason I went with 6-seconds first instead of 5 is because as i re-read every book I have on Isometric contraction (I have a feeling that I may have more books about Isometrics than just about anyone) Beginning with Hettinger and Mueller's ' The Physiology of Strength' I noticed that the scientific validation for the duration of contraction was 6-seconds and yet virtually every book had contractions ranging from 6 to 12 seconds with the vast majority of those from the 1960's stating 10 seconds.

So I experimented on my own.

The greatest breakthrough that I had with Isometrics was thanks TO YOU and the Solytrain 5-6-7 Protocol. As I continued to experiment with it I found myself naturally gravitating to 6-7-8. NO BIG DEAL. It just happened naturally as I worked on the three stage protocol.

Interestingly, all of the numbers in my life come up '7'. My Birth date 1+0+2+5+1+9+5+2= 25.. 2+5=7

In addition I have many, many other numbers that come up '7' including the fact that I was born at 12:31 am.

Bottomline: I naturally gravitated to ''21" which is 3 X 7 = 21.

So thats the story of how my own protocol ended up being '21'. In Living Strength I have written up the Solytrain protocol of 5-6-7 and how it turned out to be the missing 'Key' to extraordinary success with Isometric Contraction.

---John Peterson

P.S. With Living Strength I have made it clear that all of the recommended exercise guidelines are just that. They are recommended but not intended to be a limiting factor by any stretch. I recommend that everyone start with the recommendation but then as they become more and more adept that they then experiment and refine their own best protocols that are most productive for them personally.

Share |

10-20-2017, 05:25 PM

thanks John, yes, the 5-6-7 is not engraved in stone, it's the concept that's key, the 567, it's total of 18 in the hebrew numerical way of writing and it signifies life and the life force (chi prana etc

Share |

Author

10-20-2017, 06:15 PM

Hello Soly,

You may find this interesting from Chaldean-Hebrew Kabbalah:

Quote:
NUMBER 7

The number 7 vibrates to the planet Neptune. It represents sprituality, sensitivity, sympathy, and mystery. 7 is the number of illusion and delusion, sometimes deception – but also the number of healing, miracles, and faith – and dreams that come true.7 people tend to have remarkable dreams. Sometimes they talk about them and sometimes they prefer not to. But they do dream more than most. Secretly they have an intense interest in esoteric mysteries, mythology and the entire realm of the unknown. They often possess gifts of clairvoyance and intuition and a certain calming quieting magnetism that has a great influence on others. The 7 vibration is associated with peculiar ideas about religion, a dislike of following the beaten path, and a tendency to adopt political beliefs that are unique and somewhat unorthodox. It is not uncommon for a 7 person to discover, found, or believe in a new religious concept.The 7 person will either travel or read avidly books on foreign lands and people. Many 7 people are strongly attracted to the sea and will enjoy sailing, watersports or anything that brings them to the water. The 7 person tends to be anxious about the future, so they need a financial rock somewhere in the background. Even though 7 people can accumulate large sums of money, they care little for material possessions and are likely to make large contributions to charities and institutions.In their own quiet, laid back way 7 people have ambitions they don’t discuss with others, and these are always tinged with a philosophical outlook. They bless others with the grace of their sympathetic understanding of pain and suffering, which is why friends, relatives, and associates unburden themselves to them. However the 7 person likes their privacy and tend to keep their own problems to themselves. They shrink from prying questions, and have nightmares about “big brother” or anything they consider to be an invasion of their privacy. Refined manners, an artistic temperament, and a sensitive nature make up the 7 essence, but don’t let that fool you, you might be surprised if you knew all the strange thoughts that swim through the 7 person’s mind. If you can coax them to talk about what they are thinking, you will be fascinated by the secrets you will learn from their Neptunian world.

Quote:
NUMBER 21

21 is pictured as “The Universe”, and is also called “The Crown of the Magi”. It promises general success, and guarantees advancement, honors, awards, and general elevation in life and career. It indicates victory after a long struggle, for the “Crown” is gained only after long initiation, much soul testing and various other tests of determination. However, the person or entity blessed with the number 21 may be certain of final victory over all odds and opposition. It is a most fortunate vibration – a number of karmic reward.

---John

Share |