Share |
Crouching Tiger Hidden Animality

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

03-10-2018, 05:54 PM

I love to do animal exercises and just play and have fun. Crawling; especially with the opposite arm and leg at the same time creates powerful brain activity and generates strength through awkward positioning. I wanted to share this because it represents youth and taking fitness to a different realm. This is just one of many animals I do just about each day. At times just holding a position is enough for me and it is incredible for beginners if they want to get into that.

Karl Gotch once said "go back to nature and you'll find that animals in the wild are in the greatest shape, because they use their own bodyweight and stretching."

Share |

Legacy Member

03-10-2018, 06:02 PM

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YFk3uQ25KiM[youtube]

Share |

03-10-2018, 07:09 PM

“The goals that our own creative mechanism seeks to achieve are mental images or mental pictures, which we create by use of imagination..............
Experimental and clinical psychology have proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that the human nervous system cannot tell the difference between an “actual”experience and an experience imagined vividly and in detail.”

Maxwell Maltz, M.D.
“Psychocybernetics”

Share |

Legacy Member

03-13-2018, 04:00 AM

Great post Benny

I remember once a few years ago I decided to do this kind if thing and spend about 30 minutes crawling, climbing walls and stairs etc and it was really hard.

I woke up the next day and could barely move haha. I was sore for days!

Powerful stuff.

- Kenpopaul

Share |

Legacy Member

03-13-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpopaul View Post
Great post Benny

I remember once a few years ago I decided to do this kind if thing and spend about 30 minutes crawling, climbing walls and stairs etc and it was really hard.

I woke up the next day and could barely move haha. I was sore for days!

Powerful stuff.

- Kenpopaul
That's awesome man. I normally don't go more than 20 min of this type of training. I play this game to make things fun and interesting. You take a set of dice and you roll once for an animal and a second roll for that many steps/yards/meters. You keep going until you've had enough. I have a 20 sided dice and remember every for each number. Because I've played this many many times, it just comes natural to me. I just do steps or reps and on a few occasions I tripled that number per animal so just imagine the amount of time it took for the number of rounds. Only twice ever I went an hour doing this. My personal best is 1000 total reps for all animals.

I love it that I've been able to do it both indoors and outdoors. It's one of the very few workouts these days where it keeps me interested. Doing it consistently has reaped incredible benefits. I was at best 275 lbs just last year, although I was still managing my workouts pretty well and now I'm down nearly 25 lbs and kept it off due to the consistency of animal workouts, Isometrics and eating better. Animal moves are my go-to workouts.

Share |