Share |
Only One Thing Determines Your Success

Author

07-17-2017, 04:20 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am going to blunt and straight to the point in this post.

There is only one irrefutable requirement to being strong, sculpted and ripped. What is it?

#1) Self Discipline to carry out the following.

I received an e-mail from a guy that has come to this forum for some time. He is very interested in the entire Living Strength concept and the Living Strength line of products that I will be releasing.

By his own admission he wants to 'get ripped' and he loves the idea of being able to be in fantastic shape without having to buy anything or go anywhere.

How could anyone not like that idea?

He wants to know if I can guarantee that he can become "ripped" by following what I am bringing out in Living Strength. He tells me that he currently has about "20 pounds of Marshmallow" covering up his muscles and that once he gets rid of that he will be totally 'ripped'.

My response to him:

"Hello Jordan,

You're standing in your way.

If you're serious about getting rid of "20 pounds of Marshmallow" that is covering your muscles and preventing you from being "ripped" then I'll tell you what to do now so that you can get ripped on the hurry up. No need to wait.

First off: watch this video clip now. All 16 minutes and 14 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtaLLjJzn4

Then If you do not have a medical condition that would prevent it, I would recommend that you immediately begin the practice of the Mosley 5:2 Intermittent Fasting program or a daily I.F. program with a fasting window of at least 16 hours and a feeding window of 8 hours. I practice a 20 hours fasting & 4 a hour feeding window with few exceptions.

Next: Until you have lost the fat covering your muscles limit your food coices to the following.

#1) Cut out ALL grains from your diet (by ALL I mean ALL) until the entire 20 pounds of marshmallow covering your muscles is gone. That means no breads, baked goods, cereals or pastas. ALL means ALL!!! This will do wonders to eliminate internal fat that you don't see.

#2) Do not eat anything that is composed of concentrations of sugar, flour & fat which means no ice creams, candies, cakes, pies, cookies, puddings or sweets. I am not saying forever I am saying until the 20 pounds of Marshmallow is gone.

#3) Enjoy as much fresh fruit such as berries of all types (with real unsweetened cream if you like) Mellons of all types, cherries, apples, pomegranates, grapes and grapefruit as you desire, fresh greens such spinach, romaine, endive, dandelion and vegetables of all varieties especially the cruciferous vegetables that include: Arugula. Bok Choy. Broccoli. Brussel Sprouts. Cabbage. Cauliflower. Collard Greens. and Kale. Consume as much as you want of all that I have just listed.

#4) Enjoy organically raised fish, meat, eggs, and certain types of dairy such as organic cream, butter, organic cheeses and yogurt. Stay away from anything that is supposedly 'cured'. Eat real and eat fresh including raw nuts and seeds.

Limit yourself to the above foods until you have lost the fat you want to lose and then lighten up a little until you see yourself starting to gain fat. The reason for the extreme approach is because you need to eradicate estrogen while spiking testosterone and and HGH.

For exercise do the GUTS program Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Isometrics every day.

If you do what I have just posted you'll be free of the 20 pounds of marshmallow within a month and have serious muscle to boot.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-18-2017, 12:52 AM

Hello John,

very interesting advice, especially the combination of GUTS and isometrics (on a daily basis).

As with GUTS I know there has been a lot of advice on this forum but right now I couldn't find a definitive answer to my question in the archives: For beginners / intermediate would you recommend to aim for the numbers, no matter how long it takes for a workout, or would you prefer to stick to the time frame (e.g. 24 minutes) and try to accomplish as many repetitions as possible in good form without overtaxing and try to improve on the numbers of reps mid-/long-term?

Share |

Legacy Member

07-18-2017, 05:06 AM

Excellent post John.

Share |

Author

07-18-2017, 09:05 AM

Hello Upshur74,

Before I answer your question please take 4 minutes to watch this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEc7QFc5vIQ

Here is the point that I want to make. Everything presented in that clip was taught by Dr. Laurence Morehouse more than 40 years ago. The only difference is that Dr. Morehouse believed that functional muscular development was every bit as essential as the cardio fitness that is presented in Dr Mosley's method.

Dr. Morehouse was the first to introduce H.I.I.T.

At present the profiteers that are out in the market place want people to believe that they have something new and better. THEY DON'T!

Now to answer your question Upshur74,

The GUTS numbers as they exist can only be achieved by extremely fit men that have worked up to it. very few men will work up to 50 consecutive Atlas II's or III's in 60 seconds. Trust me that if performed in good form those 50 Push-Ups are a great cardio-muscular interval. The same is true for bench stepping(Doc Morehouse's favorite), Atlas Balance Squats, 8-Count Burpees, or any other cardio exercise that you can alternate high intensity and low intensity for the 10 minute duration.

Now as for as repetitions are concerned I'd say that during the conditioning phase you need to cut back to a number that is doable and perform multiple sets. I'll explain more later on today.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-18-2017, 11:11 AM

Thank you. Is there a reason you prefer the daily IF fasting versus the Mosley 5:2? Is it more effective for you or easier to implement into your life. I know that once Mosley hit his target weight, he changed it to 6:1. One fasting day and six normal.

My dad lived to 98. His diet was almost completely vegetarian and fruits. He would eat huge amounts of fresh vegetables and fruits and I think that the volume and fiber content of the diet would naturally ensure that the right amount of calories were not exceeded. His main exercise was tending to his large garden and small fruit tree and grape orchard. He walked and moved a lot during the day. When he sat in his chair he would fall asleep pretty quick. He slept about 4 hours a night.

Share |

Author

07-18-2017, 11:33 AM

Hello Stormshadow,

The reason I do the daily I.F. is because it fits me with ease. my body is totally used to the minimum 17 hours but usually 20 to 23 hours of fasting. I never eat breakfast and very rarely have lunch and when I do it is at 2:pm after 17 hours of fasting.

Intermittent Fasting is the simplest approach to hormone boosting that one can possibly do to remain lithe, lean, and sculpted. For me it is easy.

The thing that I have going for me is that my wife is an extraordinary cook and when I say extraordinary I do mean extraordinary.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-18-2017, 12:00 PM

Thank you John. I will give a try. It is hard for me mentally because I grew up with the breakfast is the most important meal, eat three squares a day and so on. Always good to challenge ideas and try new things. The one I never did follow and did not really understand was where bodybuilder eat 6 meals a day, set alarm at night and drink whey protein shake and go back to sleep and so on. That always seemed crazy to me. I think the digestive system needs a rest to replenish and recover. Also, maybe not be the ideal body weight to be at if you need to work so hard at maintaining the size.

I am looking to get to the lightest weight I can be and still be healthy as I get older. In jet engines and rock climbing they call it achieving the highest thrust to weight ratio possible. Chin ups are huge indicator of this and yours is off the charts.

Share |

07-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Hello John,

thank your for your answer and for providing the link to the interesting youtube video. I'd appreciate any further advice for beginners as to get started (and stick) to the GUTS routine.

Share |

Author

07-18-2017, 04:41 PM

Hello Upshur74,

In "Living Strength: Power Secrets From the Fountain of Youth" I make no assumptions. For example if a man has never been in shape or is currently out of shape, he would start with Program One which is divided into 3- Phases of 8-Weeks each.

Program One: A Foundation For Life Long Strength & Fitness

Phase One: 8-Weeks Concentration is Building/Rebuilding Muscle tissue

1) 1-Minute Full Body Isometric Contraction performed 5-6-7 X 3 Contractions
2) 1-Minute of Limbering (Reach, Twist, Bend, Turn)
3) 8-Minutes of targeted Muscle Building: alternating 2 Exercises Atlas Push-Ups & ISO-Dynamic Sit-backs for the full 8 minutes as many sets of as many reps as can be accomplished in good form not exceeding a pulse rate of 60% of MHR (Maximum Heart Rate adjusted for age)
4) 10-Minutes High Intensity Interval Training at 60% of MHR using 30/90 intervals for the first 8-weeks

The program above is a 'Breaking in Program'. It is self paced.Regardless of present condition one starts where they are at and adaptation is certain from day one.

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 07-18-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Share |

07-19-2017, 08:15 AM

As a corrections officer this book will really help me stay limber in my daily role.

Only did a short shift today and there were 2 fights one prisoner got stabbed (not badly) having the ability to stay calm is key in dealing with those situations.

Share |