Share |
All of the Transformetrics’ heroes are all fakes and phonies!

Author

02-25-2009, 11:20 PM

Hey Andy62,

I could not agree more with what you are saying. Alois P Swoboda was the man that started the human potential movement. He, more than anyone could have made a fortune selling exercise apparatus but chose not to do so because he completely understood human physiology and realized that no piece of exercise equipment could ever exercise the human body as completely and efficiently as one's conscious mind and body working together in unison as the correct physiological principles were understood and applied.

In addition, he was the first to market the installment course concept and had students from all walks of life. Many of whom were the movers and shakers of the early twentieth century. YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND. THE SWOBODA COURSE WAS THE HOLY GRAIL. He's the man that started it all.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

02-26-2009, 01:59 AM

I guess in a since as physical culturists we are Indiana Jones in a way where we are not searching for mythical lost artifacts or ancient temples but searching out history in exercise and physiology and some of the biggest gyms in the old days are like the ancient temples of old and history is right in front of us, Atlas was one, Hoffman was one, Bragg, Swoboda I can go on and on but you catch my drift. We seek fortune and glory through our bodies and I agree that Swoboda's course is the Holy Grail cause it represents the power and honored tradition to find health and strength in the best way possible and also if you bare with me, like the Holy Grail Swoboda's course can add life to your years in ways beyond imagination. Those who stop us are the one's that don't know the honor and integrity of what is health and strength.

Share |

02-26-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_OldStudent View Post

Anyone who has read certain posts of mine in this forum must realize that I have some pretty strong and contrarian opinions and am not afraid to express them.

So when I read that we here on this forum are some kind of brainwashed groupies of JP, I just have to shake my head and laugh.

Joe, the Internet is a big place, full of little forums and communities. Perhaps it's best not to get too worked up by the type of attacks on our methods found in certain corners of the cyber-universe.

Personally, I feel comfortable in this part of cyberspace and not too comfortable in some other parts, which is why I come here often. It's also why I tend to avoid frequenting places that trash this style of working out or that have a high number of personal attacks on prominent members of this community.

By the way, Joe, you look terrific!

Regards,

Alan OldStudent[/size][/color]
Hi BennyB - I like the comparisons you make.

Hi Alan,

How anyone could think we all are brainwashed here is rediculous! My impression is that everyone here is an intelligent, independent thinker who couldn't be pushed into anything against his/her will.

When I started exercising with weights five years ago, it produced some muscular definition. But that went away after a while. I attribulted the loss of definition to the fact that I was going through menopause. I accepted it as part of getting old because even with heavier weights, nothing was changing. When I tried M7, I was totally shocked to see that I got better results with M7 after menopause than I had experienced before menopause with weights. Tell me, is that brainwashed? I mention this about menopause because that is when many women have a particularly hard time staying in shape.

I agree with you that at an older age, it is important to consider the safety of an exercise method. I may not be as old as you (I don't know your age) but that is something I am also concerned about, at almost 50. (I've already stopped celebrating birthdays.)

You discussed why you are here. I feel kind of out-of-place here but still read and post for a few reasons: 1. I am interested in the exercises; 2. Everyone here is very nice - always.

I was in one forum for a particular health problem where everyone was so crushed by the problem that there was nothing but compassion there. That was a very special place for the time I needed to be there. However, I've been in forums on children/family issues where people just get plain nasty. I've been in forums on religious subjects where people get really bent out of shape if you don't agree with them. I won't even bother with religious forums anymore. As you can tell, I have some non-standard religious views (and you haven't heard all of it, but probably won't - I hear that big sigh of relief). It was unusual that I posted here about anything spiritual because generally I just keep my mouth shut and develop my ideas into articles (that never get published - well, I actually hope they will someday; they are just ahead of their time).

Anyway, I guess I am used to being "different." I upset my natural family with my spiritual beliefs; I upset my spiritual family with my unusual doctrinal viewpoints.

So now I am using an "unconventional" exercise method? For me, what's the big deal? The critics are ignorant. I just feel sorry for them.

Last edited by April; 02-26-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Share |

02-26-2009, 09:24 AM

I continue to prefer getting Atlas, Bragg, & Swoboda material through JP's filter. Such an approach is pragmatic & less distracting. In the case of Atlas, I'd guess that many avoided his stellar pgm based on what they viewed as cheesy marketing

Share |

Author

02-26-2009, 10:28 AM

hey friends,

Clark_Kent has made the assertion that we don't need heroes. Yet, he provides a perfect example of exactly what I am talking about. Notice that he chooses the name of a super hero(from a comic Book) as his alter-ego(Clark Kent). And then he ends his posts with a quote from His/Superman's alter-ego father Jor_El (obviously another comic book hero) Why do you suppose that is? I make this point not to embarrass Clark_Kent but rather to drive home the point that 'Heroes' whether real or imaginary like Clark Kent of SuperMan comic book fame, serve as examples for each of us. These are people whether real or imaginary that inspire us and serve to encourage us to move forward. This is why I include a chapter in each of my books that shows each of my readers the source of my inspiration. Call them "Heroes" or "Profiles of Inspiration" or whatever you will but the bottom line is that they do serve to inspire us to our highest aspirations.

On another point, obviously we have had people putting in their two cents on this thread that have only served to substantiate my point. They come here thinking that by intentionally being disagreeable they can make some profound assertion that is contrary to Joe's original intent with this thread.They intentionally try to inflame us by insinuation and innuendo, oftentimes inferring that I have said something that I have never said. They take shots at people that I highly regard and have written about like Charles Atlas, Alois P Swoboda, and Paul C Bragg. Why? You all know why. So here's the deal. Our forum community is for friends that enjoy the training methods that we promote. If someone comes here to be contrary and obnoxious I will have them removed from further participation. I will not argue with anyone. End of story.

---John Peterson
P.S. Clark_Kent, I hope that you can see that your statement, "The bottom line is that we don't need heroes." Is not only a false assertion (almost an accusation) but it is a complete contradiction to your own alter-ego. You my friend(above anyone here), have chosen the mightiest 'Super Hero' of all as your alter ego. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just hope that you will see my point and realize that all of us, including a little boy recovering from Polio in 1958 that saw Charles Atlas ads on the backs of comic books as a source of heroic inspiration need to have heroes to inspire us.

Share |

02-26-2009, 05:56 PM

I am now 70. I really didn't come across DVR/VRT until I was in my late 30s and was pretty well through with competitive athletcs except for some limited flag football. At the time I was going through very extreme personal and business stress in my life. I found this to be the most effective way to handle the stress and convert it to positive outcomes in my life. From that time forward my goal has been to develop and maintian NERVE FORCE. With these techniques you are projecting you consciousness inward toward the center of the mind and the source of all strength and not dissipating it by projecting it outward against some external object. Yoga and the martial arts have proved these exercises effective for thousands of years.

Share |

Author

02-27-2009, 11:27 AM

Hey Andy62,

Those are profound insights my friend. From personal experience I could not agree more. These methods go far, far beyond body development. Yet, at the same time I believe one of the greatest benefits these methods offer is the ability to develop superior health and a perfectly shaped body(if that is the desire), with exceptional strength, energy and endurance, and to do so without ever having to rely on anything outside yourself.

But beyond that, this is also the best approach to spiritual empowerment. Why? Because literally all of the great sages of all ages past have had a level of physical, intellectual, and emotional self control that allowed them to achieve a level of spiritual mastery that is unobtainable without complete mastery over one's senses. The methods that we endorse and promote allow for complete self mastery of mind and body (without being hidden behind a veil of mysticism) and it carries over to the spiritual dimension and allows for us to live better lives in the real world because we are no longer competing against any one else or trying to tear any one down in 'a dog eat dog' world. Instead we move forward doing our best to make the world a better place. And frankly, it doesn't get any better than that.

---John Peterson

Share |

02-27-2009, 11:43 AM

Heros vs ordinary folks who do heroic things or espouse some heroic principles. I'll settle for the latter

Share |

Legacy Member

02-27-2009, 12:20 PM

My mother is one of my heroes,taking care of six kid after a divorce and we definitely were not angels.She used to work 2or three jobs.I picked up a lot from my mother.As far as critics go why should I listen to any one who can't agree on anything and sole purpose is to rip apart and divide.Would anything get done by a bunch of critic?Because they would disagree with each other on what the best way!anywaysss!!!

Share |

Author

02-27-2009, 08:02 PM

WOW! Fantastic post Mr Kent. I certainly do understand exactly what you mean. So I guess in my case it's more a matter of semantics than anything else. To me a hero is someone that I highly admire and deeply respect much like a role model. It certainly is not an object of worship. Thanks for the clarification.

---John Peterson

Share |

Tags
alois p. swoboda, charles atlas, heros, paul bragg