Share |
G.U.T.S. and Squats

12-17-2009, 05:42 AM

I am not a big squat fan as some of you know from my posts. I do them but I don't enjoy them. Before I started G.U.T.S., I would get about 75 in a set and 100 would just drain me. At first I was only getting around 200 on my squats in the allotted time.

Last night my two oldest sons, my beautiful wife, my daughter Katie and I had a contest during our G.U.T.S. workout. The other kids were keeping count and watching the clock (we don't want no cheaters in our family!) My wife and Ben got 300, Princess Katie achieved 320 in the 12 minute time frame, Caleb got 450 in the 12 minutes and since this thread is about me bragging, I got 300 in 8 minutes and then encouraged the others to keep going. In reality, I really did encourage them. I had gotten my 300 in record time and I was bragging that I did it in a shorter time frame. I really did encourage them in a way.

Where I am hurting a little is that I can usually meet the goal in the pushups but occasionally I can only get around 40-45 in the allotted time. Situps are another problem. I am averaging 60 in three minutes.

Your friend,

Aaron

Share |

Legacy Member

12-17-2009, 06:30 AM

Aaron my Brother,
This is my favorite post in a long time! Why-the entire family was involved and working hard together! That was beautiful Aaron! A family that works out together lives longer together.

Squats though hard are absolutely great for leg strength,lung strength,and also agility. Teaching and coaching I see this in myself and out on the field with the Team. They are a staple!

great post Aaron!

peace,
jason

Share |

Author

12-17-2009, 09:10 AM

Aaron my Brother,

I second Big Bear's approval of this post. Your accomplishment is nothing short of extraordinary. Your strength and fitness put you into a very elite class for any age. Same goes for your wife, daughter, and entire family. Caleb's 450 in 12 minutes is off the charts.

---John Peterson

Share |

12-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words everyone.

I remember a couple of months ago when some were asking if G.U.T.S. was fun. I wish I could say that the biggest reason that we do G.U.T.S. is my great leadership abilities to keep the family at work. In reality, it is not. We really enjoy it as a family. When you are pushing yourself you really can't say that you are laughing your head off with enjoyment but when you get through and you have seen what you have accomplished, you sure do enjoy it!

By the way, Jason and John, you two are a big encouragement not only to me but to my entire family. Thanks for your friendship.

Aaron

Share |

Tags
g.u.t.s., squats