Share |
Better Knees With Tiger Bend Squats

Author

01-06-2010, 01:23 PM

Hey Friends,

I received a letter from a man in prison thanking me for turning him on to our methods. He reminded me that two years ago when he sent me a letter from this same prison that he was busted up from years of heavy weights, extremely over weight, and severely diabetic. Since then, he has lost 38 pounds of fat according to the scale while adding a tremendous amount of muscle to his entire body. His strength and endurance has sky rocketed, his body has totally transformed to lithe, slim, totally muscular body that he had always dreamed of having and he is no longer diabetic.He was especially pleased by the fact that when he began with the The Miracle Seven Tiger Moves (as I had recommended that he start) he was at first reluctant about doing the Tiger Bend Squat due to bad knees caused by heavy lifting. However, this 39 year old man can now perform G.U.T.S. at the Elite Level and does so everyday and alternates between the step-up and TBS. He says his knees have never felt better! He also has has several other men interested in and following our methods. And as if all the above isn't good enough, in addition to his physical transformation he experienced a spiritual Transformation and has come to The Lord. Bottomline: guys it doesn't get any better or more rewarding than to read something like that.

---John Peterson
P.S. He said every man that he has shown the Valjean reference in IPR has wanted his own copy. The guys in prison are big fans of Isometrics.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-06-2010, 02:01 PM

John,

What a great testimonial! The guys on the inside know. Some of the toughest and fittest men I know personally did hard time and they know what it takes to stay in shape 24/7.

Greg

Last edited by Greg Newton; 01-07-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Share |

Banned

01-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Fantastic John. I suspect that the M7 exercises being as Gordon notes a form of moving meditation could not help but make him a better man. The M7 squats are a blessing, I think that is what cured his knees. Once cured he could do the Tiger Bend Squats.

Greg is right some of the people in the best shape are inmates, they have the time and the need to kill time. In the Prison, Solitary Confinement is many times known as the monster factory for a reason.

God bless him John, the Word of the Lord and Fitness are two blessings.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-06-2010, 05:39 PM

John, the person that you recieved that letter from in prison, is right about the TBS. When I first started doing them I was a little shakey with them, but as I got better my knees started feeling great, I am happy to say that I can do 370 in a row now, and my knees have never felt better. i am thinking of alternating between TBS and the step-ups, each workout. switching between the TBS and the step-ups is a great change of pace in my G.U.T.S. program.

Share |

Author

01-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Hey Guys,

Thank You. I appreciate the affirmative response. One of the things that has always amazed me is the healing power of corrective exercise as we teach it. Our body's respond to these exercises that unite mind and body in a totally unique way compared to other types of exercise. Truth is, I was well aware of this. In the past, I had received other reports from other men that verified exactly the same results. Much the same as Dynogoalie30 has verified in his post. But this man has made a complete turn around in every sense of the word. He told me that he had lifted very heavy from age 15 to 32, had taken steroids and even insulin (and no I'm not joking) in order to build muscle mass. He was forced to quit because of injuries and then began to pile on the weight. He became diabetic, had multiple joint and tendon injuries, had developed extreme hypertension as well as insomnia. He contacted me by letter two years ago asking if our methods might help him. I sent him a letter of encouragement along with M7, PYTP, and IPR. I wished him the best and welcomed further contact. I have heard from twice since then. Once, after he had received the books, and then yesterday. Needless to say, I was very happy to receive his letter that started out with, "Mr. Peterson, You may not remember me but...

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

01-07-2010, 08:27 AM

I injured my right knee when I was real young. I would always get pain from it when I ran and when there were big shifts in barometric pressure. Not debilitating pain, just a dull ache. Because of this, I never really worked on TBS for years. When G.U.T.S. came out I thought I'd go ahead and give it an honest go. A few months after starting G.U.T.S. the pain is totally gone after living with it almost my whole life.

Also, one Yoga pose I've never been able to get was the Reclining Hero Pose. Now, the thing is, TBSs aren't technically a stretching exercise, yet after working with them for awhile I can get the Reclining Hero Pose with no problem.

-Joe

Share |

Author

01-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Hey Joe,

The Synergy of the G.U.T.S. training exercises is what makes them so extraordinary. When properly performed each and every exercise in the G.U.T.S. training system simultaneously strengthens and stretches each and every muscle group while maximizing 'natural function and range of motion'. As a result there is a great carry over of strength, flexibility, and coordination created by these exercises. Bottom line: Joe, I'm not even remotely surprised that you can now do the "Reclining Hero Pose". I would be surprised if you could not. Truth to tell, after watching several of your videos I can tell you that you are amongst the strongest and fittest of the fit from more angles than the vast majority of very fit people that have achieved 'one or two dimensional' fitness. You have been continually building and maximizing all seven components of "Transformetrics" fitness that I first wrote about in PYTP. They include Strength, Endurance, Flexibility, Coordination, Balance, Speed, & Aesthetics. What you have achieved Joe is a perfect blend of all seven components and it only gets better. Needless to say Joe. I admire YOU.

---John Peterson

Share |

01-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Wow--great testimonial.

As with all exercises, I do think it's important to listen primarily to your body. This is something I admire about the Transformetrics approach to health and strength.

I also found that the TBS/hindu squats are good for my knees, although at first I had to do them very carefully and not quite full-range. Over time I feel they have healed and strengthened my knees, even though lots of conventional personal trainers would recommend against them.

I continue to pay attention to how my knees feel, which I find to be the best injury prevention method available--AWARENESS.

Share |

10-20-2010, 02:23 PM

Since I experienced the great results by doing squats - I can't without them.

Do you squats in fast pace? Like the partial-push-ups?
Or more full-range?

I ask myself how did Woody Strode his squats?

Share |

Author

10-20-2010, 05:12 PM

Hello reader,

I'm with you. The squats are an indispensable part of my training as well. And you know it's interesting because when I was talking with Jack King about our freehand Leg Development Course he mentioned how incredible free hand squats truly were. He told me that there was a pro wrestler back in the mid 1950's by the name of Harry Grebb that wasn't very big, (maybe 5'10 and 185 pounds or so) but was incredibly strong, muscular and fit and that trained by doing hundreds and hundreds of free hand squats for his legs just like the wrestlers Antonio Rocca and Woody Strode did.

Anyway, Jack was telling me that in the mid 50's Harry Grebb was out at muscle beach and he was doing his Pull-Ups and Push-Ups and then started knocking out his high repetition squats. At that point a few of the muscle beach regulars started giving him a hard time and tried telling him that he was wasting his time and should be doing his squats with weights. Well, as it happened Grebb agreed to see how much he could squat with the weights. Now get this, Harry Grebb had never squatted or trained with weights and he wasn't wearing shoes. After all, he was at Muscle Beach. But in spite of that he worked up to the point that they had all the weight on the bar and Grebb did a single squat with 400 pounds. Jack said that it was truly remarkable that Grebb could that and that in addition to the strength that Harry Grebb had he also a very pleasing and classic athletic development that almost any man would be thrilled to have.

Bottom line: free hand squats are the foundation of the "DO IT!" Leg Development Course.

---John Peterson

Share |

Tags
squats