Share |
Best glute exercises

01-11-2019, 11:31 PM

Please tell / describe your best glute builders. Squats and deadlift do not build glutes for me. I've spent years squatting. Everything from the 20 rep squat and milk routine, 5x5, 5x10, 3x3. Deadlifts same, but I've done a lot of high rep deads with lower weight 155x8x12x16x20x24 with 1 minute of rest between sets was one of my favorite. All that and no glutes, so I'm interested in what else you might do.

Share |

01-13-2019, 12:41 PM

Leg curls and sprinting. Curls of course done virtually, without weights. And sprinting, when you can, barefoot on grass or sand.

I find the best way to do squats is either the Hindu version, swing arms and again, barefoot, for high reps. And also leaning far back holding gymnastic rings suspended above, and doing one-legged (pistol) squats for reps.

Hope this helps!

Share |

01-13-2019, 03:25 PM

Yesterday I did some glute briges and variations. The movement I seem to get the best activation in is standing on one leg and bending and touching the floor.

Example: Stand on right leg. Right hand on right glute. Left leg bent 90 degrees at knee. Hinge forward keeping the back straight and with left hand out and touch floor and come back up. Not sure what this is called, but it hit my glutes better than about anything I've ever done. Takes a bit of balance as well. Kick off your high heels for this one, no heels with thin soles or barefoot would be best.

Share |