Share |
George Orwell's Final Warning

Author

01-14-2019, 01:57 PM

Hello My Friends,

i first read George Orwell's '1984' when I was in High School. At the time I could not imagine what he had written to ever come to fruition...BUT IT HAS!

Watch this and then lets talk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox-shlDXKO4

---John Peterson

Share |

01-14-2019, 03:30 PM

Some people can see the BIG picture long before others can even connect a few of the pieces. George Orwell was one such person.

Ted Kasinsky was correct in some of his worries, he took totally the wrong approach. Stephen Hawking before dying said that it would be our artificial intelligence that does us in. Kasinsky believed the same long before Hawking stated it. Kasinsky was never taken seriously because of his actions. Hawking's warning is pooh poohed by the "techies" who know better than one the the most intelligent humans to walk the earth. Techies have a lot of hubris. Sadly they don't see it as a fault, but rather a virtue. "we'll just code around that issue in our software, no problem".

I would have liked to have lived 100 years before I did. We're nearing the end I'm thinking. Maybe not in my lifetime, but in the next generation or two.

I think our future here is summed up by the band Jethro Tull and the following lyrics from Locomotive Breath

In the shuffling madness
Of the locomotive breath
Runs the all time loser
Headlong to his death
Oh, he feels the pistons screaming
Steam breaking on his brow
Old Charlie stole the handle
And the train it won't stop going
No way it could slow down

But on a positive note. Being a Christian, I know the end here is not the end so if man in general terms chooses to build a sh1t hole to live in, it's only short term.

Share |

Author

01-14-2019, 04:53 PM

Hello Ware,

Thank You! I agree with your observations wholeheartedly. I appreciate you sharing them.

---John Peterson

Share |