Share |
Any advice when burnt out?

Legacy Member

12-07-2017, 06:07 AM

Hi all

I have had a lot on the past 6 months or so (work, overtime, part time job, wife, toddler and 2 dogs to walk daily).

A few weeks ago my wife and I also caught a sickness bug which left me in bed for a solid 36 hours! Had two days off work. Felt okay a week later so did a workout and ever since then I have felt completely burnt out!

I'm in my 2nd week of feeling like this and trying to eat as healthy as possible.

Any tips on how to get back to normal?

- Kenpopaul

Share |

12-07-2017, 07:06 AM

Hi Kenpopaul,

I felt something similar happen a couple of years ago coming out of surgery for two detatched retinas. I got over the feeling by doing the following. First laying in the corpse pose on the bed and practocising abdominal breathing. Then complete breathing, start with abdominal breathing move it up to the cest hold for 10 seconds there then breathe out slowly (you can build up to 40seconds or longer holding it in the chest). Then do a short set of Baduanjin 4reps eac posture. Then a very relaxed set of Tiger moves. Little tension. Ding the Kivelhof a few times helps as well. I'd leave the calisthics.for a while. Hope this helps.

Conrad

Share |

Legacy Member

12-07-2017, 07:34 AM

kenpopaul,

I can totally relate. This darn thing called “life” can really sock it to you sometimes.

A little while back, I pushed myself a little too hard too soon on a particular workout. That very morning, within a few minutes, I felt “drained”. My remedy was to scale things back a bit. I cut my reps in about half. In the past, I’ve even taken a day or more off.

I believe other recommendations have ben to do a workout of lighter intensity until you feel “right” again.

Rob

Rob

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

12-07-2017, 12:28 PM

Getting burnt out from time to time happens, its called life and its normal to feel that. Sometimes you just switch things up and go a different route of training for a while until you feel getting back into it. I'd be burnt out on animals for a while so I switch to Isometrics, VRT, Gymnastic stuff or just do deep breathing exercises/qi gong for a period until I get that itch again. Never take a day off no matter what it is, walking your two dogs daily can be a workout in itself so use that as exercise. I at times don't get a workout in until later in the evening due to my mind set on work all day writing and promoting but don't ever give up what feels best for you. Cut back on your reps of your regular workouts, stand still for 10 min (believe me that's a hell of an sensation if you really knew the aspects of it), change up certain exercises, create scenarios, make it a little game for 5 min. whatever gives you the best benefit. Jump into a cold shower for a few minutes and do powerflexes in the process.

You can make exercise however you want it to be, its not always about push-ups, dsr/dvr and squats, it could be just taking a walk, being in a horse stance for as long as you feel the need to, do a little bit of crawling, hold a wall sit, breathing deeply over a period of the day. Be resourceful.

Share |

12-07-2017, 05:07 PM

Pull out your old Iso Power Belt and refamiliarize yourself with it in antiicipation if the new courses under development.

Share |

Author

12-08-2017, 01:55 AM

Hello Everyone,

On another thread I wrote the following. I am restating it here because it fits.There is one other thing that I will state and that is that the symptoms stated above are virtually identical to what is experienced by men suffering from low testosterone. Now get this, EVERY MAN is more susceptible to lower testosterone during winter months due to sunlight deprivation. Under those circumstances taking 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 can have a profound impact on your well being.

Quote:
Hey Friends.

I have been asked what I mean by the term "Energization Exercise". The man asking me literally wanted to know what he is supposed to feel.

Granted, I was surprised because I thought the term "Energization" would be self evident to one and all. But then I thought about it and thought to myself, "What if a man has never really felt energized? What if he is so torn in multiple directions that he only feels a sense of nervous exhaustion?" Truth to tell, I have often been contacted by such individuals.

Well it's like this, Energization exercise makes you feel 'recharged' or even 'super charged' and as a result YOU feel as though YOU are in control of your life and emotions. You literally experience a sense of vital energy in your mind, body and spirit that is exemplified by a sense of self control, clarity, awareness, calmness, purpose. peace of mind and emotional balance. It is a wonderful feeling of total awareness free of all obstruction and it is exactly what you want to feel!!! A sense of glorious freedom. I feel it every morning after my workout.

On the other hand, if you feel depleted, anxious, depressed, nervous, on edge, easily angered or so worn out after a workout that you can't do anything besides sit in a chair vegetating for an hour or more then you have depleted your central nervous system not to mention your muscles and have done yourself far more harm than good. This you want to avoid at all costs.

Example of energizing exercise: I've had many men ask me if it is alright to do only the Kiveloff Full Body Isometric Contraction each day to the exclusion of all else. They tell me they feel strong and energized when performing the Kiveloff Full Body Isometric Contraction and that they feel an energizing 'Re-charge or Super Charge' as a direct result. My response has always been, "If it's doing that much and you're feeling that good, then what makes you feel you are missing anything or that you need to ask me?" Obviously then, the Kiveloff FBIC is an Energizatiion exercise each time you perform it and it is one of the reasons that it so easily becomes a fixed habit. (For those reading this that really do wonder if they should do anything in addition to the Kiveloff Full Body Isometric Contraction my answer is, add the range of motion exercises that are featured in Pushing Yourself To Power.)

Let me put it another way. Another way you will know that the exercise system you are following is energizing you and not depleting is if it super charges male hormone production. Obviously, nutrition plays a giant role here too. But how do you know that you are increasing and not depleting male hormone production? You will know this by seeing how easy or difficult it is to feel sexual arousal. Sexual arousal is the Creative Life Force seeking expression and as long as the Creative Life Force is properly directed it is a wonderful asset to every man as it drives him to success and achievement.

---John Peterson

Share |

12-08-2017, 03:17 PM

Isometrics breathe in the creative energy of the universe, personalize it and project it internally and beyond.

Share |

12-10-2017, 02:46 PM

Hi,

I would just like to add the following which I found helpful.

1.Avoid loud aggressive music- listen to some classical music.

2. Avoid violent action films- comedies/nature documentaries are better!

3.Do not be hard on yourself.

You are a peaceful warrior by recognising this and seeking advice.You are stronger than you realise.Been a family man is a true test of manhood and inner strength.

Share |

Author

12-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Hello Eddy1,

My friend, what YOU have just posted is some of the best advice that I have ever read---ANYWHERE!

Seriously, those are great words to live by and YOU have my gratitude for posting them.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Yesterday, 03:20 AM

Hi all

Many many thanks for all your suggestions! Especially love the bit about being a family man! Much appreciated.

I really need to try this full body contraction exercise! I have read about it many times but for some reason never tried it!

Is there a video anywhere showing how to do it properly?

- Kenpopaul

Share |