Share |
More of Why Weight Free Makes Sense

01-16-2011, 08:59 PM

From Consumer Reports Health:

At the Gym

Strained muscles

Weight-room injuries requiring medical attention have increased by 50 percent since 1990, and the largest increase has been among people 45 and older.

Skin infections

Staph infections, including those caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bacteria, can spread through shared gym equipment, mats, and towels.

Dirty pools
Poorly maintained swimming pools are common, allowing bacteria and viruses to cause outbreaks of gastrointestinal illness. (CRH, Jan 2011)

Like so many people have said before, Transformetrics makes sense!
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
(Colossians 3:23-24) (NIV)

Share |

Author

01-17-2011, 12:38 PM

Hello Mr. HealthPatriot,

Great to see you posting my friend. Those are all excellent reasons that you have posted.

However, I have another one and that is with Transformetrics you will achieve the best shape and highest level of functional strength and fitness of your entire life, For example, Just check out our Pull-Up Thread and you will see what I mean. Our members are routinely doing things that many elite professional athletes cannot do.

---John Peterson

Share |

01-18-2011, 05:55 PM

I have been back doing pull-ups after taking a couple of months off because of tendonitis in my left elbow. I was probably overdoing things.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
(Colossians 3:23-24) (NIV)

Share |

01-20-2011, 07:45 AM

That whole question of gym hygiene makes me think of the gym I used to belong to.

Everybody used to be pretty good about wiping down the cardiovascular equipment. They'd keep the paper towels handy along with a squirt bottle and, when you were done with it, you'd wipe, wipe, wipe. You wouldn't think of NOT wiping.

What got me is that why wouldn't you do the same thing with the weight-lifting equipment? It's not like people wouldn't get sweaty on that. It's not like people only people without skin infections would use the equipment. If you're getting a skin infection at the gym it's going to be from the weight-lifting equipment.

That's definitely one of the things I don't miss about the gym.

The other thing is watching people do leg presses with only 25 pounds or so of weight. What good is that?

Or spending a minute or two to adjust the equipment to you. Cumulatively that eats into your exercise time.

Then there always was a fight among the clientèle about what kind of music should play on the radio.

Much better these days with Transformetrics!

Share |

Tags
gym, infection, injury, strain