Share |
Red wine,balance and my dad.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

11-13-2017, 01:45 PM

I will be honest in that I do like a glass of red wine on an evening.I realise that many people on this forum may not drink alcohol at all.However for those who do like a certain drink I would say to you; do not obsess over it.

At 53 I believe that as long as the balance in my life is good and that I exercise on a daily basis I am not going to forgo a simple pleasure.

This is not to exhort people to drink wine ( and I would add that I would not drink in front of a recovering alcoholic but on the other hand if a friend offered me a drink as a genuine gesture I would not insult them by refusing it-it can be a cultural issue) but I am simply saying that there are many things in this life far more damaging than one drink.

Why am I saying this ? Well my father is 86 soon.He had a heart attack at 58 .However he survived and bought an exercise bike and changed his lifestyle.He phoned me the other day to say that he still has a beer 2 or 3 times a week and did I think that was ok?!!

I said" Dad ,you did 30 years in the police and 5 in the RAF, and survived a heart attack! If you enjoy the odd beer every now and then - have one!!"

Bottom line;keep fit and healthy but enjoy your life!

Share |