Share |
Same Meaning Different Word

Author

11-08-2018, 12:48 PM

Hello Everyone,

I received an e-mail from a man named Brad that has received a cache of his grandfathers muscle building magazines from the late 1940s through the 1970s. His grandfather just passed at the age of 92.

Brad stated that he was/is awed by the collection that 'grandpa' had and stated that it was amazing to see the extraordinary differences in muscular development that became very obvious in the late 1950s when steroids were first introduced and how it literally took off from there during the 60s and 70s. He stated his grandfather stopped buying the muscle magazines in the late 70s due to the fact that it had become a freak show by that time which Brad actually discovered in a magazine that his grandfather had written the word "freak" on a picture of woman bodybuilder in 1979.

Anyway, one of the terms that he read in some of the old magazines that he had never been aware of is the term 'flushing' and he asked me if I was aware of what it meant.

The answer is that 'flushing' and getting a 'pump' are referring to exactly the same concept of infusing highly oxygenated blood into the muscle tissue. It also stated in several of the magazines that there were a great many physique competitors at that time that had built extreme physiques (for the time) doing only 'flushing' exercises that left the muscles lacking in strength compared to the extreme increase in muscle mass created by the technique.

Here is the bottom line "flushing the muscle" and "getting a pump" refer to the same process.

To achieve both "the size" and "the strength" to back it up you practice Isometric contraction and muscle pumping exercises together. Perform your Power Belt isometrics first so that you can contract at maximum intensity and then perform your blood infusion exercises to achieve a 'pump'.

---John Peterson

Share |

11-09-2018, 12:28 AM

Hey John,

I see where your coming from doing the iso's first before the blood infusion exercises so that you can have a full tank of gas for maximum contraction... However, I've always personally preferred to achieve a decent pump first with a few sets of pushups or squats, or a single 20 rep set of the DVR routine from PYTP, then doing my iso's. When I start the iso contractions with my muscles already pre-engorged with blood, it's far easier for me to get that intense and tight squeeze out of the muscles during the contraction, and to be more consciously aware of what all of the fibers are doing..

Share |

Author

11-09-2018, 09:04 AM

Hello Steveo81,

Bravo! You have discovered the perfect formula for you. This is something that everyone needs to discover for themselves. Thank you for making a point of it.

---John Peterson

Share |