Share |
The World Has Become a Freak Show

Author

10-08-2018, 02:29 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been sent the following and asked to comment.

First off, Check this out:

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...lding-contest/

My comment: I'm out of place in time. I have absolutely no desire to fit into the world of today that I consider to be a bizarre freakshow. I grew up in a time of absolutes. From a very early age I knew what was right and I knew what was wrong and it wasn't up for debate. I had a great childhood and youth but somehow over the course of years things have become twisted beyond belief and this so called 'Transgender Bodybuilding Contest' is a perfect example of how the world of today has become twisted beyond belief.

I literally hate the world of today and after I release my Isometric Course I'm dropping out. I have no desire to participate in the strangeness of today. George Orwell nailed it his dystopian novel "1984"published in 1949.We live in the world of "Doublespeak" the language of polar opposites. Up is down and down is up. You're welcome to it if that's what you want...but not me.

---John Peterson

Share |

10-08-2018, 04:47 PM

Disgusting. Ten years ago, if someone told me this filth would be accepted, I would have laughed in their face

Share |

10-08-2018, 04:52 PM

Disgusting. Ten years ago, if someone told me this filth would be accepted, I would have laughed in their face

Share |

10-08-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
Hello Everyone,

I literally hate the world of today and after I release my Isometric Course I'm dropping out. I have no desire to participate in the strangeness of today. George Orwell nailed it his dystopian novel "1984"published in 1949.We live in the world of "Doublespeak" the language of polar opposites. Up is down and down is up. You're welcome to it if that's what you want...but not me.

---John Peterson
I agree, John! My hope is that you won't drop out of this forum. There needs to still be a place that rational, normal folks can meet to exchange ideas civilly.

Share |

10-08-2018, 09:12 PM

I have always been a history and biography buff. The era that we are living reminds me of the American Wild West where for all intents and purposes there were no rules and it was every individual for themselves.

Remember that is where Alois P. Swoboda matured and where he developed his system by observing the winners and the losers and finding ways to help people develop the qualities of the winners.

"All evolution is a reaction to stress." Alois P. Swoboda

Share |

Send a message via AIM to sixmillionman Send a message via MSN to sixmillionman

10-09-2018, 07:35 AM

don't quit we need all the conversative forums we can get.

Share |

10-10-2018, 02:15 PM

It's too bad pointing and laughing has gone out of vogue.

Tolerance has run amok.

Share |

10-12-2018, 01:02 PM

Try not to be too discouraged. In fact, the world has always been a freak show.

By historical standards things are not too bad at the moment. To take just one little example, current blots like Antifa can't match the former power of the KKK.

Also remember this wisdom from Abraham Lincoln: If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a horse have? Four, calling a tail a leg does not make it a leg.

Share |