Share |
Are you a MAN?

04-16-2012, 07:20 PM

What does that question really mean? Are you leading your family or setting a godly example if you are single? Gordons post along with church has made me stop and consider how I have evolved thus far as a man. Am I putting God first? Am I leading my boys and bringing them up to know the Lord?

A real man loves the Lord and puts him first! Faith in Christ and his plan for our lives keeps the real man moving forward. A real man loves his wife and treats her as a jewel. He treats all women with respect., holds the door., and offers his seat.

A real man controls himself and his speech in all situations. He sets an example. He prays for forgiveness because he is a sinner. He asks God to show him where he fails and falls short.

What do you think a REAL man is?

Share |

Author

04-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Hey tomman

You asked, "What do you think a REAL man is?"

You nailed it. A REAL MAN is all those things because he is self disciplined and self controlled.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27, "24 Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."

---John Peterson

Share |

04-16-2012, 09:13 PM

Amen Tomman and John, a real man loves Our Lord Jesus Christ, and he is the protector and guardian of his family and the weak, just, honorable and hard working and a God fearing man. Bless all on this site.

Share |

04-17-2012, 07:47 AM

Amen brothers

Share |