Share |
Founders' Bible..'America a Christian Nation'

Author

06-03-2012, 11:31 AM

Hello friends,

My colleagues and I have been working night and day on 'The Founders' Bible'. Every one of you reading this will be amazed at the level of national press coverage and promotion this extraordinary Bible will receive.

Here are some particulars. The Founders' Bible contains the entire Bible text of the New American Standard Bible translation. In addition, it features more than 150 articles(averaging 4 pages each) by our Signature Historian David Barton covering everything from the founding of the first American colony in Jamestown, Virginia, on May 14 of 1607, forward to the present day. It deals with virtually every political hot button including Radical Islam's current Jihad against America. The Founders' Bible is scheduled for a very specific release the end of July 2012. And general release in August of 2012. Based on our early projections, our first 50,000 units will be sold within a very short span of time necessitating an immediate second printing.

With the above in mind I want to give each of you an idea of what The Founders' Bible has to offer. For that reason I have printed Part 1 of an article titled, "America a Christian Nation' below:

Quote:
[i]America: A Christian Nation

John Adams was a leader among the select group of Founding Fathers who directed the birth and establishment of America as an independent nation. Four decades afterwards, reflecting back over what he had personally seen and experienced, he declared:
The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were. . . . the general principles of Christianity. . . . Now I will avow that I then believed (and now believe) that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.
Subsequent generations routinely reaffirmed what Adams had declared, including South Carolina governor James Hammond, who in 1844 publicly described America as a Christian nation. Following that pronouncement, a small group openly censured him and demanded an apology. Shocked by that reaction, Hammond responded:
Unhappily for myself, I am not a professor of religion – nor am I attached by education or habit to any particular denomination – nor do I feel myself to be a fit and proper defender of the Christian faith. But I must say that up to this time, I have always thought it a settled matter that I lived in a Christian land and that I was the temporary chief magistrate of a Christian people! That in such a country and among such a people I should be publicly called to an account, reprimanded, and required to make amends for acknowledging Jesus Christ as the Redeemer of the world, I would not have believed possible if it had not come to pass.
Across four centuries of American history, there have been literally thousands of declarations about America being a Christian nation. Yet today, few offenses will subject an individual to greater public derision than repeating what John Adams, James Hammond, and hundreds of other American leaders said. In fact, even a passing suggestion that America is or ever was a Christian nation makes apoplectic the post-modern elites in media, education, law, and politics.
They immediately attack Christian nation offenders as “religious extremists,” bigots, “homegrown ayatollahs,” “Taliban,” “segregationists,” “Christian jihadists,” “febrile fringe,” “theocrats,” “Christian fascists,” and similar pejoratives. Regrettably, if an individual today does believe that America is a Christian nation (and polling over recent decades consistently shows that some two-thirds of the nation holds this view ), he has learned to remain mute for his own self-protection. As a result, public discussions of the topic are usually one-sided, characterized by personal and vituperative attacks rather than serious historical investigation.
Significantly, modern critics always refrain from offering any historic definition of what comprises a Christian nation as demonstrated by the American experience. So what is an accurate definition of America as a “Christian nation”? U. S. Supreme Court Justice David Brewer (1837-1910) addressed that question by first defining what a Christian nation is not:
n what sense can [America] be called a Christian nation? Not in the sense that Christianity is the established religion, or that the people are in any manner compelled to support it. On the contrary, the Constitution specifically provides that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” Neither is it Christian in the sense that all its citizens are either in fact or name Christians. On the contrary, all religions have free scope within our borders. Numbers of our people profess other religions, and many reject all. Nor is it Christian in the sense that a profession of Christianity is a condition of holding office or otherwise engaging in public service, or essential to recognition either politically or socially. In fact, the government as a legal organization is independent of all religions. Nevertheless, we constantly speak of this republic as a Christian nation – in fact, as the leading Christian nation of the world.
Interestingly, today’s critics regularly try to define a Christian nation by every superficial and false measurement that Justice Brewer identified and discarded. So what is the correct definition? According to Justice Brewer, America is “most justly called a Christian nation” because Christianity “so largely shaped and molded it.” Very simply, America is a Christian nation because its values, society, and institutions have been shaped by Christian principles.
Significantly, it can be irrefutably demonstrated that many of the most laudable civic characteristics enjoyed in America today (but so absent in many other nations) are indeed the direct result of Biblical Christianity, including:
➢ A republican, elective form of government (for more on this, see the commentary accompanying Exodus 18:21);
➢ The institutional separation of church and state (see the commentary accompanying 2 Chronicles 26 and Psalm 2);
➢ Protection for religious toleration and the rights of conscience (see the commentary accompanying 1 Corinthians 8);
➢ A free-market approach to religion, thus ensuring religious diversity (see the commentary accompanying Joshua 24:15);
➢ Widespread general public education (see the commentary accompanying John 17, Proverbs 1 & 10, Matthew 19, and Ecclesiastes 12);
➢ Free-Market Economic system (For more on this aspect, see the commentary accompanying 1 Timothy 5:8, Luke 19, and Matthew 20);
➢ A just and restrained judicial process (see the commentary accompanying Deuteronomy 19, Proverbs 18:17, and Isaiah 1:26);
➢ National benevolence (see the commentary accompanying Luke 10:35, James 1:27, and Deuteronomy 15 & 24);
➢ and several other unique aspects of American life and culture.
The fact that America was (and is) a Christian nation has been repeatedly reaffirmed by American civic leaders, legal scholars, and historians for generations. Five categories of evidence will be briefly referenced below to demonstrate the historical basis for their pronouncements: (1) declarations from the Executive Branch, (2) colonial charters and governments, (3) acts during the Revolutionary Era, (4) acts of the Legislative Branch, (5) and declarations and rulings from the Judicial Branch. All five categories affirm that America was founded as and continues to operate as a Christian nation.

Share |

06-03-2012, 06:47 PM

That really sounds exciting. I look forward to getting a copy of the finished product.

Share |

06-10-2012, 01:25 PM

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...ill-go-public/

Share |

Legacy Member

06-13-2012, 07:58 AM

Nice work John,

Not sure if your familiar with the Truth Project or not, weve been going through it in our Mens Saturday morning study. Great Stuff!! Parts of it line right up with your work.

www.thetruthproject.org

(S.D.G)

Share |

Author

06-13-2012, 08:36 AM

Hey gbjj,

We are doing The Founders' Bible with David Barton. In the Founders' Bible we trace the origin of the United States of America as the Christian Nation that it was founded to be by our Founding Fathers.

Our signature historian for this Bible is David Barton of: http://www.wallbuilders.com/ABTbios.asp

David is a frequent guest on Glen Beck's program as well as many other Christian Ministry programs.

I personally believe that The Founders' Bible will be a game changer for the people of the United States.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

06-13-2012, 08:40 AM

Truly Great work!!! I'll add this to my Prayer list and pass the information around at church and within our Men's Study Group!

-Jon
(S.D.G.)

Share |

Author

06-13-2012, 08:59 AM

Hey Jon,

One of the major problems we have in our society is that our people do not know the truth about our founding as the Christian Nation that we were intended to be by our Founding Fathers..

Both Prayer and Bible reading in public school were removed from our society by order of the supreme court in 1962 with it's decision Engel v. Vitale and then the following year with the Murray vs. Curlett decision. Since that time America has been dumbed down about it's spiritual heritage. Thanks to The Truth Project, Wall Builders, Glen Beck and many others the truth of our nations spiritual heritage is at last coming to light. As a result I believe that we will be witnessing the next great move of God in our culture.

---John Peterson

Share |