Share |
re: frame of reference

01-09-2017, 02:53 PM

Hi, as we spoke recently about "frame of reference" I would like to add that I have used this idea in different sports to improve my own and my clients performance, what I'm trying to say is let's say I have a client who is a natural athlete and he's doing the movement more or less in the correct groove/track but he's still in need of improvement, so what I'll have him do, is intentionally do it in the wrong groove and then he'll better understand and feel what is the optimal right groove or plane of movement to get the best result, so basically we are creating a "frame of reference" in other words if there is no down there is no up, so because he's naturally gifted and more or less does it correctly from the get go he doesn't really understand with his rational brain how how to do it optimally, but by doing it "wrong" he gets it right

Share |

01-09-2017, 04:27 PM

That approach could be valuable in developing self knowledge and could be the start of the development of a self profile. The more that we know about ourselves, the more effective we can be regardless of the circumstances.

Share |