Share |
Steroids: A Confession From a Friend

Author

07-14-2017, 09:50 AM

Hello Friends,

When I was 19 Years Old I got a girl pregnant. It altered my life in a huge way. I remember very clearly telling Uncle Wally about it. After listening patiently he said, "Well Jackson, the University of Hard Knocks (real life) works just the opposite of any other school. At the University of Hard Knocks you get the test first and then the lesson afterward." He was absolutely right.

In one way or another everyone of us has experienced 'The University of Hard Knocks' and some of us to the point of having achieved our Ph.D. though none of us ever really graduate.

I mention this because I received an e-mail from a really courageous man today. A man that I admire. A man that is unwilling to hide behind excuses but is facing life head on.

This is what he wrote me in part:

Quote:
I have spoken to you over the phone a couple of times and many times via email and through this forum and value your friendship and advice you have given over the years.

When I went through a devastating time in my life 5 years ago your help and advice really helped me through my binge of over eating, drinking and pot smoking! Something I eventually got a handle on and is a thing of the past.

Anyway - as I have mentioned to you before every now and then I seem to go through a period where I want to go back to the gym and so have a few months where I do and get great results, I like the feel of weights and always start off with light weight high reps as well as body weight training. No problem there, but then I get caught up in the whole bodybuilding world and mentality and before I know it I am lifting heavier and heavier and buying in to the usual bullshit that comes with bodybuilding.

This time though I actually started taking Steroids! Something I never thought I would do. I did lots of research and took all the precautions etc. Even got check ups from my doctor etc. I did two cycles of Dianabol at a low dosage of 40mg a day for 8 weeks the first cycle and 6 weeks the 2nd.

I then had to take the other drugs afterwards to kick start my testosterone again and had the ups and downs of that emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

I am not proud of my actions and will never take them again! I am glad in a way that I did and feel I have got this out of my system as it's always something I wanted to do to see what it was like. But I also know I was STUPID to do so.

Anyway I can't change the past, it's done and I feel I needed to get this off my chest to somebody. Sorry you are that somebody!

I actually have gone from 185lbs to 210lbs!! I know a lot of this is water weight but even after the 1st cycle I went back down to 195lbs and seemed to stay there. My body fat increased a little, but not much.

Anyway I feel my body has been hammered, my CNS is tired and I just want to put this behind me and get back to a natural level again. I am hoping this is possible! At 40 years old I felt amazing on the steroids (like an 18 year old again), which is why I can understand why they're so addictive to some people.

Can you offer me any advice on what to do here? I know your upcoming book deals with a lot of this, so will be getting that once it's released, but in the meantime could you give me some pointers on how to get my body back to how it should be (and better) for my age.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't mind you using my story on the forum, but obviously perhaps change a few things to avoid anyone I know reading it and knowing it's about me.

First off, I totally get it! I really do. With all the messages that we are bombarded with via the various types of media we are all being indoctrinated into accepting viewpoints being expressed by people with an agenda. Take for example the movies of today. In just about every action movie (and a huge number of others that are not action movies) we find actors that are jacked up on steroids. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT! We see it everywhere. In fact, if you go to The Daily Mail UK online you will often see articles featuring physical transformations of guys that are flabby and soft that are totally transformed in 8 weeks or less. Truth to tell this level of change can only happen with chemical enhancement but we are never told that.

Why am I making this point?

Because in order for YOU to make it through this life with your SOUL intact you will need to discern the truth and develop the ability to reject the lies and falsehood that masquerades as the truth. TRUTH is higher than any precept or religion because it is irrefutable. What the man in the letter has already stated tells me that HE has awakened. He is now coming to a place of self knowledge that is truly amazing. I say Bravo!

Now as relates to 'Living Strength' I will say this. Living Strength is the culmination of everything I have learned to maintain a level of strength and youthfulness that tests out as decades younger. There are no shortcuts. It requires superior nutrition, superior exercise and the ability to CONTROL YOUR OWN MIND and what you allow into it because ultimately your thoughts become you. IF you allow contradictory thoughts into your mind from every end of the spectrum you will become so muddled up that you will not know which end is up. You will then be living in a state of confusion. Now, look around YOU and notice how many are living in confusion and being lead from one thing to the next and the next and so on. It's literally what the Apostle Paul referred to in 2 Timothy 3:7 when he stated: "always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth."

Here's the bottom line: I don't claim to have all the answers but in Living Strength you will find no confusion because I AM NOT CONFUSED. However, I wasn't born yesterday, there are those that like their confusion and my response to them is: "Keep it to Yourself--I want nothing to do with your brand of idiocy."

---John Peterson

Share |

07-14-2017, 02:35 PM

I know as a former steroid user that its a rocky path to take and its not plain sailing, it changes who you are as a person and I don't mean in the archetypal roid rage way its a lot more subtle than that it changes your reality.

I'm happy not to look extremely muscled and have a 18 year olds sexy drive, I'm in shape still have a above average musculature and more importantly feel good.

Johns soon to be released photos and video will also show you don't need outside forces to develop a strong physique with low bodyfat (not silly unhealthy bodybuilding percentages but a healthy percentage)

Share |

Legacy Member

07-14-2017, 02:52 PM

Great post John!

I am so looking forward to the new book!

- Kenpopaul

Share |

Author

07-14-2017, 04:34 PM

Hey Men,

Thank You both for your responses.

The steroid issue is very real and I totally get it why young guys that want to be deemed manly and hot by the opposite sex would consider them.

I certainly understand why athletes in various sports would go the chemical route knowing that the men competing against them for their own place on the team are using chemical enhancement in order to win a place on the team themselves and the millions of dollars or Euros that go with it. I GET IT!

AND don't kid yourself the chemist have developed steroids and other pharmaceuticals that are not even detectable. At least not yet and when a new test is created that will detect the present varieties they will then come up with other new combinations that are non-detectable including gene splicing as is being done all over the world.

These days we even have medically certified drug pushers pushing their own brand of chemical enhancement for older men to reclaim the testosterone of youth. But youth is far more than testosterone alone even though you will not have enhanced youth without testosterone but that is another story.

So how pervasive are steroids? Truth to tell I had a man at our Monday Night Men's Ministry Group tell me that Dianabol was the perfect drug and that he used it for years and years and that he never experienced a downside. I did not doubt him for a moment. The Truth was he was still using it. It was obvious. I haven't seen him in 2 years.

Here is the deal. We live in a world that is constantly presenting images to us of what we are supposed to be or want to be or live up to and if our sense of self worth is determined by the media and the monkey handlers we're all screwed.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-14-2017, 04:53 PM

Hi John

In relation to what you said about men wanting to attract the opposite sex by taking steroids I'd like to add that (without over generalizing the following statement) women/girls who I see on social media seek out these type of men and add fuel to fire essentially solidifying the broken belief to men that they need to "keep up" or fall by the wayside, its a pressure I've been sucked into more times than I care to admit the more I tried to keep up the more I lost who I was, I became an empty vessel so to speak, I was seeing the world like it was on a cinema screen and I was just there for the ride, to further complicate it these women are programmed by society and the news and social media that man who doesn't fall into this category is a "nice guy" "wimp" "friend material" "beta male" .

After a tough shift at the prison my first thought is "to hell with it I'm going to do a jab of testosterone if you cant beat them join them" but I think of John and living strength and how there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Dynamite.

Share |

Author

07-14-2017, 07:53 PM

Hello DynamiteKid 1986,

A very wise man sent me the following:

Quote:
"No man is free who is a slave to the flesh." Seneca

Knowing what I know now, at age 20 I was sexually complete. At that point, I was skilled/clueless enough to have a half dozen plates spinning at the same time. All the time. And I was ignorant enough to think I was quite clever.

But, for me it was/is a loser.

Distillation. It is simple. A list of pros and cons.

Pros
1. Momentary pleasure. I don't need or want companionship.

Cons
1. Time and money bandits
2. Entanglements
3. Risk
4. Unintended pregnancy
5. Sexual disease

Decision made. No women. And I wish I had arrived at that conclusion when I was twenty.

In response to what you stated it is obvious that this sexual issue is real and spot on as relates to why some men do steroids.

Yet when you think about it, the women are even more deluded than the men.

There are fortunes being made by cosmetic surgeons selling women fake faces, fake boobs, fake butts, fake everything.

I can't help but wonder what the kardashians will do when the giant ass is no longer in vogue. Probably slit their wrists.

Bottom line: People are welcome to have whatever they like. Me, I like REAL.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-14-2017, 09:20 PM

Just some random thoughts.

I remember when I was in my thirties and recently divorced I met a woman at a singles dance and we hit it off. Later when we were talking I remember what she said, "I didn't come to this dance to meet some 50 year old man". I particularly remembered it when I turned 50 years old.

This is where the steroid guys are kidding themselves. Older women today who are looking for sex from men aren't looking for guys their same age who are pumped up on steroids; They are looking for men in their twenties and thirties and they are called "Cougars"

Basically women and men both are attracted to certain emotional and personalty types. I will never forget running into a woman that I hadn't seen for over 30 years and seeing that she had moved across the country and was on her 4th or 5th marriage and while her current husband was much different in appearance from the one she been married to when I knew her; emotionally he was very similar

Contrary to what Hollywood is selling attraction , even sexual attraction, has a lot more to do with emotions and sexual vibrations that just physical appearance.

If you see pictures of the great lovers of history by and large they are not overly attractive people,Cleopatra had a hook nose that you could open coke bottles with and many of the famous courtesans of the Europeans royal courts made it into advanced years by today's standards which has to mean that technique and psychology played a large part in their longevity

Share |

Author

07-15-2017, 07:10 AM

Hey Everyone,

I received a link that made me laugh with a short question attached to it asking, "John Is this what you meant? Just scroll down and you'll see a photo of Kim Kardashian that must be photo-shopped to make her ass look wider than a doorway."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ugh-pvc-dress/

When I looked at the article all I could do was shake my head. How could anyone in their right mind think there is anything to admire about the Kardashians. The whole group including Kaitlin/Bruce (transgender) Jenner personifies weirdness.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

07-15-2017, 06:48 PM

John,

You ought to check out the documentary films Bigger, Faster, Stronger & it's sequel Prescription Thugs if you haven't already. They go deep into the very soul of how drugs and steroids have made an impact on the american population and how it plaques many people's lives and why certain athletes take them to get ahead of the game.

I never took steroids and can't stand regular drugs for a specific reason but I also see a perspective on why they do it. Unless it's for severe medical reasons it's basically a form of enhanced vanity and getting an edge whether for sports or to temp get rid of pain. There's 3 sides to every story; one person, another and the actual truth. Whether it's legal or not anyone in this country can become addicted to the smallest fraction of a drug and major companies making $$$ feeding off that. in the doc PT; one person has said the pharmaceutical industry is so vast it can give 250+ million of the US population a month's worth of a prescription on one form of a pill. How accurate that really is I don't know but its scary to think it is actually possible.

Share |

Legacy Member

07-16-2017, 12:02 PM

In the interest of science I went online and looked at a couple hundred pictures of Kim Kardashian's ass. That is a real big butt!!!!
Now true confession time: I have always been a "leg and ass" man and preferred women with bigger backsides. Now there may be a cultural component here. I live in Minnesota. My generalization is that many Minnesotan women idealize the smaller flat assed look of Jane Fonda types and when they have a bigger asset they unfortunately try to hide it. it is not unusual for Minnesota women ask if their butt is too big. By way of contrast more women in Miami might ask if their butt was big enough. Of course the only rational answer to both questions is that it is perfect.
Continuing my research I also looked at a few photos of Jennifer Lopez's butt. Well maybe I got carried away and looked at more than a few, but the fact remains that in contrast to Kardashian buffalo bottom, Ms. Lopez's backside is nothing sort of perfection. In addition Ms. Lopez can actually sing, dance and act.

Dynamite:
I didn't do bad for a priest in a small town and I never used steroids! Having taken a statistically valid survey of women I found that if you kept them laughing their clothes fell off reasonable soon.

Tim

Share |