Share |
My response is Thank GOD!!!

Author

09-13-2017, 10:49 AM

Hello Friends,

I received an e-mail from a guy that has nothing but contempt for my faith in Jesus Christ that I openly share. Jesus Christ transformed my life.

Let me just state that I was on the wrong path until I had a life changing Near Death Experience. Truth to tell, there is not one of you reading this that has any idea of how wild I was after I was diagnosed with Post Polio Syndrome in 1979, 4 months before my 27th birthday. In fact, I was told at the Mayo Clinic that I would in all likelihood be in a wheel chair by the age of 50. So what did I do? I decided to live the balance of my life for thrills. Here's the deal, I was extremely handsome and made money hand over fist and decided that I was going to experience every fantasy I had. I was no longer going to fantasize. Back then then SEX was my drug. I never did any synthetic drug of any kind. I would not even take pain killers PPS. SEX was my drug and I couldn't get enough. As relates to Post Polio Syndrome, I went all natural in search for a cure but in the meantime I was a hedonist. Oddly, a lot of people looked at me and thought that I had it all. BUT I was miserable. Long story short Jesus Christ saved me and pulled me from the edge of the abyss where I was heading. I won't say anymore about it now, But suffice it to say that I am not ashamed of my faith in Jesus Christ.

With the above stated, I want to be clear about something. Two days ago I posted a link to an article about actor Steve McQueen's conversion to faith in Jesus Christ. Here is another:https://www.timefortruth.co.uk/steve-mcqueen/ Why did I post it? Because I identified with the truth that Steve McQueen discovered.

It is not and never has been my intention to use God's word "The Bible" to beat anyone into spiritual submission. God has an infinite number of ways to reach every person on this planet. GOD doesn't need us getting in the way or trying to convert anyone.

Why am I telling you this? It's because this guy with a vendetta sent me the following link and asked me what I have to say about it, and once again stated his ridiculous challenge that I would never dare share this with others on the forum as though I have something to hide or shy away from. Bull ROAR!!!

My response: Not only am I sharing it, BUT it is a perfect example of spiritual truth the needs to be shared with one and all. What the guy sent me was an article about Television evangelists and pastors that have proven to be among the most reprehensible people alive. They have used and manipulated people to their own ends and will one day have to give an account for what they have done.

Here is the article:http://www.iflmylife.com/culture/tel...ts-secrets/30/

I invite every forum member to read it. It is a 'God Thing' that YOU do.

Why am I saying that? Because YOUR faith must NEVER be founded in believing or trusting a fallible human being. Under no circumstance should YOU ever check your brain in at the door and believe any evangelist, teacher, or pastor. What you will read in the article is the truth. Some of these guys have proven themselves to be totally reprehensible and the last thing on earth they should be doing is to share religious ideology with anyone. EVER!

NOW let me also say that if YOU genuinely seek The Truth, YOU will find it and eventually come to faith in Jesus Christ. Why am I saying that? Because HE said it.. "6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6.

Bottom line: A good place to start in your quest for truth is The Gospel of John. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 09-13-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Share |

09-13-2017, 02:12 PM

Skip the intermediaries :

Mathew 6.6

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly

Share |