Share |
Could losing weight be as simple as skipping breakfast? article Daily Mail

10-10-2017, 01:56 PM

Could losing weight be as simple as skipping breakfast? Fasting until lunch cuts out MORE THAN 300 calories, reveals study
Fasting until lunch causes people to eat around 353 fewer calories every day
Around one third of adults and children frequently skip eating breakfast
Missing breakfast is linked to obesity; people think the meal causes weight loss
It is unclear whether eating breakfast can be used as a weight-loss strategy
The universities of Loughborough and Bedfordshire carried out the study

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz4v8WGV16J

Share |

Author

10-10-2017, 03:40 PM

Hey MikeNY,

I believe in and teach intermittent fasting as a way to super charge HGH and become lean and hard. I find it much easier than dieting and that article was NOT approved.

I have a quote from Dr. Michael Eades about the efficiency of Intermittent fasting and the difference between trying a diet and trying intermittent fasting.

Quote:
“Diets are easy in the contemplation, difficult in the execution. Intermittent fasting is just the opposite — it’s difficult in the contemplation but easy in the execution.

Most of us have contemplated going on a diet. When we find a diet that appeals to us, it seems as if it will be a breeze to do. But when we get into the nitty gritty of it, it becomes tough. For example, I stay on a low–carb diet almost all the time. But if I think about going on a low–fat diet, it looks easy. I think about bagels, whole wheat bread and jelly, mashed potatoes, corn, bananas by the dozen, etc. — all of which sound appealing. But were I to embark on such a low–fat diet I would soon tire of it and wish I could have meat and eggs. So a diet is easy in contemplation, but not so easy in the long–term execution.

Intermittent fasting is hard in the contemplation, of that there is no doubt. “You go without food for 24 hours?” people would ask, incredulously when we explained what we were doing. “I could never do that.” But once started, it’s a snap. No worries about what and where to eat for one or two out of the three meals per day. It’s a great liberation. Your food expenditures plummet. And you’re not particularly hungry. … Although it’s tough to overcome the idea of going without food, once you begin the regimen, nothing could be easier.”

— Dr. Michael Eades

The above quote has been my experience as well. I don't count calories and I eat only real good--real food when I eat which is usually once a day at around 8 PM but sometimes twice with 2: PM being my first meal.

---John Peterson

Share |

10-10-2017, 09:48 PM

John I knew the article was flawed, the average American Breakfast is larger then 353 calories; was hoping the flaws would lead to examination. Your method works without drugs or suffering and increases the male & growth hormones.

Share |

Author

10-11-2017, 07:42 AM

Hello MikeNY,

I fully understand my friend. The thing I don't want is people to read something here and automatically assume that we agree 100% with assertions made. That is why I don't want links to articles without at least having an explanation as to why it is being posted. This is especially true if it is being posted to point out a contradiction or discrepancy between what is stated in the article and what we teach and know to be true.

Example: As relates to skipping breakfast, I knew a guy years and years ago whose breakfast was 2 big chocolate eclairs from Uptown Ovens and two cups of coffee with a huge amount of cream and 4 teaspoons of sugar in each cup. The guy was a pastor. One of my karate students Janey, worked at Uptown Ovens in the morning when this guy came in every single morning for the same thing.

The poor guy was clueless about health, nutrition and exercise. CLUELESS! I met him when I was prepping for the 1977 City of Lakes Marathon and Janey introduced him to me when I went to Uptown Ovens (Only 3 blocks from Lake Calhoun) to grab a cup of straight black java before my run. That poor guy was in his 30's and fat, fat, FAT. When Janey introduced me the guy was more than aware of the shape I was in and was jealous because he was coming on to Janey and she kept rejecting him. So the first words out of his mouth were, "In 1st Timothy 4:8, the Apostle Paul says, "For Bodily exercise profiteth little..." I stopped him and told him to read 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. I also told him, "In your case bodily exercise would profit a great deal. The Apostle Paul wasn't talking to out of shape, fat slobs in 1 Timothy 4:8. And one other thing, don't try to go toe to toe with me on scripture. I had to learn it in self defense when I was a kid...you'd be unarmed."

The reason I mention the guy above is because in his case skipping breakfast would have helped him in a big way. But don't kid yourself MikeNY...there are people like that guy that are comfortable in there stupidity. Where I take exception with fools is when they try to project their stupidity to others.

---John Peterson

Share |

10-11-2017, 08:46 AM

I have long ago given up on dieting. Fasting is so much easier and works well for me. I have read many studies and articles on fasting (including the Bible) and the benefits are immeasurable. A breakfast fast is easiest for me, but I occasionally like to have one so I'll just skip lunch. I have never been overweight, have normal serum blood levels, no high blood pressure, and low cholesterol levels at 57 years of age. I realize that some of these factors are genetic, But when I tried the dieting avenue (food type limiting or calorie limiting), my cholesterol went up along with my blood sugar and blood pressure.

Share |

10-11-2017, 09:58 AM

John it struck me that not eating breakfast in te UK saved them 353 calories, and I've read that average Breakfasts are much larger in the US, some say 600/700 to 1000 calories, 1/3 of the calories people have in one day.

Fitness at the time of Apostle's was hardcore stuff and the ancient Greeks, Romans and peoples in the Empires were geared for war, truly hardcore fitness. That fatboy Minister should have more respectful to your friend and known is Bible better too.

I posted while having a virus, mistake.

Share |

Author

10-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Hello Scara7,

There are so many ways that fasting is just far more efficient and superior. Not to mention the enhanced level of self discipline and self control.

As relates to your statement :

Quote:
"But when I tried the dieting avenue (food type limiting or calorie limiting), my cholesterol went up along with my blood sugar and blood pressure"

I have known this to be true for just about everyone. For example almost every man that I ever met that was successful with the Atkins Diet long term (more than 6 consecutive months) and that was past the age of 35 ended up with Gout and believe me, they were in a world of pain.

---John Peterson

Share |