Share |
Be sure of your inner core.

10-21-2017, 03:18 PM

" and to this was added more selfish worries about my reputation...which could be bruised at any point by a crude online remark or a gossipy insinuation.In short ,I had become enmeshed" Michael Harris

Our inner core can be so easily damaged. This is because we have not built up our internal strength and peace.

Curiously I have found that simple exercise ,even the same routine ,can build up an inner resilience. A daily challenge that has focus and that is not over thought has real benefit.

Few people really stick to a program to see true and lasting results. Also as Nassim Taleb says

"Although I was not yet familiar with gyms, my idea of knowledge was as follows. People who build their strength using these modern expensive gym machines can lift extremely large weights, show great numbers and develop impressive-looking muscles, but fail to lift a stone; they get completely hammered in a street fight by someone trained in more disorderly settings. Their strength is extremely domain-specific and their domain doesn't exist outside of ludic—extremely organized—constructs. In fact their strength, as with over-specialized athletes, is the result of a deformity."

A simple regime that has a focus on natural movements with a view to daily life and the future is intrinsically superior for our outer core and inner core.

Share |

Author

10-22-2017, 12:28 AM

Hello Eddy1,

Fantastic Post!

What you are referencing from Nassim Taleb is exactly what my grandfather and uncles made reference to as being "Muscle Bound".

I agree wholeheartedly with what he has stated.

---John Peterson

PS: Nassim Taleb is a man that I greatly respect. he speaks with great clarity and logic:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKW0LbeiWio

Last edited by John Peterson; 10-22-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Share |