Share |
Recovery and healing in mature people?

11-17-2017, 02:21 AM

Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some insight here. I have heard that people do not recover and heal from injuries and exercise as they get " older ". Now is this a proven fact? If so is it by a significant difference? I ask because I was having a conversation with 2 other individuals about the Military and older people joining. I for one think it's really ridiculous to base entry on age and not performance. Someone who is 21 could be out of shape and barely able to pass a physical fitness test is allowed in yet someone who runs marathons and is
35 is too " old " to join.

Share |

11-17-2017, 08:07 AM

I think nutrition and fitness have a huge impact on recovery from illness and injuries. More so than chronological age. I think the age limits of military service have to do with sensory decline. Hearing and vision start to fade in your thirties and that is less preventable than poor fitness.

Share |

11-17-2017, 10:51 AM

As a doctor told me a number of years ago. " As we get older various imperfections tend to appear" At this point it all depends on the WILL. You can take an inconvenious, such as a minor pain or limitation, and turn it into an excuse and a life script or put it out of your mind and continue to enjoy life. I think that Isometrics are your greatest ally at this point as you can use directed mind power to strengthen and control various parts of your body by driving positive electric nerve current into them.

Last edited by Andy62; 11-17-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Share |