Share |
Cataracts & lens replacement

11-19-2017, 02:25 AM

I developed cataracts in my eyes and recently had surgery on the left eye. The surgeon implanted an artificial lens. He corrected it for distance viewing. We will eventually have to do the right eye as well. I have several options; correct for distance as we did for the left eye and I’d need glasses for up close work, correct it to near vision and have what’s called monovision, or implant a multi-focal lens and possibly see well at various distances but possibly worsen my night vision & have other “neuroadaptation” problems.

A fourth option is to do nothing for now; that eye isn’t as bad off yet.

Have any of you had similar problems & surgeries? And what choices did you make & are you happy with them?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Share |

Author

11-19-2017, 07:04 PM

Hello Michael,

I don't have advice one way or the other but I am glad that science has come so far in terms of being able to help correct your vision problems.

I have been following the exercises in "Bragg's Better Eyesight" book for many years and I believe it has benefited me a great deal.

---John Peterson

Share |

11-21-2017, 12:47 PM

Late Bloomer,
I had cataract surgery on both eyes several years ago. One eye has a lens for distance and the other eye for close up. At first it seemed a bit odd but I quickly got used to it and I am OK with it now.
I am now 81 years old and I do not need glasses at all for reading or distance. I also perform the Bates Method Long Swing eye exercises every day. I hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agJ9lxSHEw

Share |

Legacy Member

11-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Hey all,
According to Dr. Jennifer Daniels, who has a LOT of practical experience employing turpentine to heal disease, loss of vision is due to parasites, biofilm, etc. in the back of the eyeball. A remedy she has found VERY effective at restoring vision is a little dab of Vicks Vaporub(150 year-old remedy which contains turpentine) in the lower lid for about a week and voila! She says it will burn for about 2 to 5 minutes and produce watering, but in a week.... good things....

Share |

Author

11-21-2017, 06:07 PM

Hello Ezekiel 1925,

By any chance would you have a link that you could offer? This sounds amazing to say the least.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

11-22-2017, 11:00 AM

Hey John,
Give me a little time and I will look up the particular podcast she has spoken on it about. You can find out about her work with turpentine by googling Dr. Daniels and candida cleaner report. I was first exposed to Dr. Daniels on www.oneradionetwork.com. Dr. Daniels quickly became Patrick Timpone's(the show host), favorite quest. She appears once a month on his radio show. Her story is incredible. She defines courage , character, and perseverance; Harvard undergrad, Penn Wharton MBA AND co MD degree all while coming from the Syracuse projects. The story doesn't end there... Anyway, I will find one of the podcasts in which she is discussing using Vicks for eye health and get back to you.
Jim

Share |

Legacy Member

11-22-2017, 03:20 PM

Hey all,
The info is found about using Vicks Vaporub in the eye from a sept. 26th podcast on www.oneradionetwork.com. A woman named Wanda asks Dr. Daniels about glaucoma on Hour 2 of the interview. Hope this helps... Incidentally, I am taking her turpentine protocol next week. I have had long-term health issues due to mold exposure... will let you know how it goes.....
Happy thanksgiving!!!!
Jim

Share |